Blah11 & Romans homebirth story :)

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
Writing this up when it's still fresh in my memory! (and it's quite long!)

So, baby was due on 25th of November which came and went and on Thursday 1st at 40+6 I had a sweep. Didn't have many signs of anything happening on the Friday except plug loss and was woken on Saturday morning at 4am with contractions every few minutes and lasting 40 seconds. Anyway by about 10am, they had tailed off and were very irregular and not hurting very much. Went to bed that night at about 12am.

On Sunday 4th December I woke up at 1.20am with regular contractions again. They were coming every 3-4 minutes and lasting 40 seconds so I came downstairs to let OH sleep and rode them up. Made a post on here at 2ish saying I was still contracting and felt sick then at 5.25 I made another post saying i couldnt lie or sit down with the pain but they were still irregular. Now, I have no idea wtf I was talking about at that point cos they were 1min30secs apart and lasting 40 seconds by then LOL

Shortly after I woke OH up and told him to phone my mum and the hospital to ring the MW on call to come over. My mum arrived at 6.30am, MW at about 7am. After that everything went very fast.

Amelie woke up at 7.30am so OH saw to her and gave her breakfast and put cartoons on for her in our bedroom.

I was sick a few times in the toilet (and at that point had my bloody show) but just breathing through contractions until I asked my mum and OH to fill the pool and MW to check me just before I went in. I reckoned I was about 5cm but no, I was 8cm and my waters had mysteriously gone LOL I remember looking out the window and seeing it was snowing :cloud9:
:shock: I jumped in the pool and immediately felt pressure at the height of contractions and after only 20 minutes or so, I felt the urge to push and wanted out of the water. The MW had made a 'nest' for me with towels and inco pads on the floor and covered my couch with a shower curtain and had phoned the 2nd MW. She lives in livingston (about 40 minutes away), so the MW on call phoned someone else who lived about 5 minutes away.

I got down on my knees with my arms on the couch and tried not to push but I felt the familiar feeling of bearing down spontaneously. Luckily the 2nd MW turned up as I was pushing and his head was out before her gloves were on. They told me to feel his head and I did. I was shocked that they were telling me to do little pushes and pant already! One last push and my baby was born :cloud9:

I put my arms between my legs and caught my baby with the help of the MW and brought him upto my chest. He was a little bit shocked from being born so quickly and his eyes were open but I rubbed him with a towel and he cried. We sat and had skin to skin for ages and he BF almost straight away whilst we waited for my placenta to come away. It took nearly an hour and the contractions were awful! Then my mum cut his cord :) It was really long and skinny and the placenta was calcified and a bit raggy but otherwise well.

We got him weighed and he is 7lb15! Big compared to his big sister but he still looks tiny. He is 51cm long. After that I got checked for tears as he was born with a nuchal hand but I only had a small graze.

I'm so in love with our new family. Amelie is a great big sister already! I'm so proud of myself for achieving my homebirth and for doing it completely pain relief free. It was amazing to have control over everything and be able to speak clearly inbetween contractions if I wanted to. I recommend both home birth and drug free births to anyone who will listen.

Little man has a tiny bruise on the bridge of his nose cos he came out so fast and his skin is very dry since he was so overdue but other than that he's doing fab. Feeding like an absolute champ and sleeping soundly in his pram :)

So my little Roman, born on Sunday 4th of December at 8.48am weighing 7lb15oz and 51cm long :cloud9:

(Amelie was oddly also born on a Sunday 4th and her birthday is exactly 1 month after Romans!)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/blah11/IMAG0296.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/blah11/IMAG0299.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!

What a gorgeous name (was on my list with Matthew!) and I am so pleased for you and your family xxx

Thats a fantastic story Blah, brought tears to my eyes and made me feel even more ready to meet my little boy. Hoping to also have a drug free birth like with ds1 :)

Congratulations! What a wonderful birth story. Enjoy snuggling up as a new family!

Lovely story, had tears too lol. Glad you had the home birth that you wanted!! Congrats : D xx

omg :cloud9: how amazing was your birth!
he's gorgeous, he doesn't look like he was only born today! beautiful.

hope you're feeling as well as you can and your little family are all happy xxx

Congratulations blah! Sounds like a perfect birth! :cloud9:

He's so handsome!! I want my little boy now too!! :)

Huge congratulations hun. Your little man is beautiful x

What a positive birth story! Exactly the motivation I need now that I can get through a pain relief free birth! :) I'm so happy it went smoothly and baby Roman's doing so well. Congratulations again! He's such a cutie! :flower:

Well done you! Absolutely love his name too! xx

Aaw Blah, congratulations. Lovely news and a really gorgeous name. I am so pleased you got the birth you wanted,

Now, this is a bit spooky but I was driving my Dad to the airport today at 8.30am. Halfway down the Bypass, as the snow got heavier, I thought of you and how lovely it would be for you to have your baby today in the snow! I was probably on my way back passed your turning when he was born!!

Massive congratulations!! Beautiful birth and a fabulous name x

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww :cloud9:

He is gorgeous, congratulations.

V xxx

Congratulations Blahh! Sounds like a perfect birth :) He's sooo cute. I am not broody at all honest... :haha:

Congratulations! he is gorgeous, what a lovely birth story!x

Congratulations, what a lovely birth story and a lovely name. :flower:

Congratulations what a gorgeous name. Well dOne for achieving your home birth baby Roman is absolutely gorgeous and I bet Amelie is a great big sister xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->