Bled every day since finding out but scans show development

veganmum2be

1 Son two angels.
Reaction score
So I found out I was pregnant at 8dpo and started to have bleeding when I was 4 weeks...quite a lot first instance so was sure it was just an early miscarriage. However it stopped and went to spotting g. Went to hospital with pain and they scanned me at 5weeks and saw just a gest sac. 5 days later they scanned me again and saw a sac and yolk and dated me 5+4.

Still bleeding every day so had a private scan today and there is an embryo! However she couldn't be sure she could see heartbeat. She dated me at 6 weeks however I should be 6+3 based on last scan.

Has anyone else has two early scans and there been a difference in dates?
Obviously I'm terrified as I'm bleeding without a cause but my hcg was increasing fine at 5 weeks over 3 readings. And there's development in the scans but it's 6 days between them.

Anyone else either suffered bleeding constantly or anyone had the two scans with a difference in dates?

The baby is so small that the measurement can be off by a few days when they are that small. As for the bleeding my aunt bled throughout her second pregnancy and my cousin is now 18. As long as you are not cramping and bleeding (it sounds like you are just spotting now) I think you should hold out some hope. There are a ton of women on BnB that didn't see a heartbeat until around 7 weeks so again it might be too early. Fingers crossed for you. I had a bleeding scare with my DS and it totally freaked me out.

Yes it's is just spotting now. Never makes it to my underwear just when I wipe but it's almost every time I wipe, worse after a bowel movement. I am weeing regularly so think it would reach underwear if I left it. But there is only one day in 3 weeks I haven't bled.
I am trying to be hopeful and relax but it's so hard when there's a daily red flag!
Thanks for your positive story it does reassure me when people mention others who have bled the whole time and things have been fine!

Well, just try and relax as best as you can. Easier said than done!

I have bled on and off with all 3 of my first pregnancies. #1 I bled until 17 weeks #2 until 24 weeks and #3 until the day I was induced at 38 weeks due to a placental abruption. Usually what happens is where the egg embedded itself it may have been on a vein or something like that and it is more likely to bleed these are usually called a subchorionic hematoma and will resolved quite easily. Of their is progress in the pregnancy I would try not to worry but I know myself with my first all I did was worry. Do you know your blood group? I only ask as if you are. Rh negative you will need anti d from the bleeding.

Thanks yeah it is hard but seeing our embry today has helped me relax a little.
No I don't know my blood group actually, I feel like I should know this. However I had c section with my son so and definitely didn't get an anti d at any point so must be ok.

Yeah you must be a positive blood group then otherwise you have routine anti d during pregnancy and then again if baby is a positive so I would say that yeah you are positive :)
I'm glad today's scan has made you feel more at ease and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->