Bleed/clot in uterus

Talia12

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I just came back from a scan at 7+6 and even though there was a heartbeat, I feel hopeless.
The doctor who scanned me said she saw a bleed and a clot. She didn't show me the screen or give me a picture. She told me this meant I was at risk of miscarriage (I had a mmc three months ago) and that she couldn't give me a percentage. But she seemed to me to think it was a lost cause. I've looked at the report and it says: subchorionic bleeding measuring 46x17x37mm. That seems huge. The baby only measures 15.2mm. Also there's nothing on the report about the clot.
I haven't had any bleeding but I'm so scared and feel so depressed now. Everything the doctor said gave me the impression she wasn't holding out much hope, and when she left the room the nurse who was typing up my notes said "so did she say likely miscarriage?" I just said "I think so" and then I started crying.
Has anyone been told anything like this before? Has anyone had a large subchorionic bleed and/or clots?

Hi Talia, I remember you from before and really hope this time it works out. Sorry for your past loss.

I had a baby just over a week ago and I had a Subchorionic haematoma with that pregnancy. It wasn't as big as yours but it was still there and I spotted from week 6 to just before week 8, I was told I could also have a big bleed and it would just be the sch bleeding out but luckily I didn't. With me, the clot had gone away by my 12 week scan so fingers crossed yours will too. I was put on pelvic rest, meaning no sex or orgasms as they can "potentially" (but not definitely) make things worse.

I won't lie, it doesn't end well for a small few ladies but it does for the majority. Good luck.

Oh I'm so sorry you're going through that!! Sounded like there wasn't a great deal of clarity offered as hard as it is for them to tell you what will happen.

I know these next few weeks are going to be horribly hard for you and I want you to know we are all here for you everyday that you need to have a rant or a cry.

Such an uncertain time with no clear answer but my fingers are crossed for you that this clot safely goes away without harming your baby! These things really do happen xxx <3

I had one in my first pregnancy. It wasnt as big as yours but i was given good odds by one doctor and poor odds by another. I bled from 6-8 weeks but it was gone by my 20 week scan.

You may find you bleed a bit as baby grows it will push the hematoma out. Dont dispair though it definitely doesnt mean the end. I was told to keep my feet up as much as possible to stop the bleeding.

Will they rescan you?

Thank you so so much ladies.
I'm just terrified :( I've basically put myself on bed rest (as much as I can with a four year old). I'm even scared to cry in case it strains something. It was the way the doctor just seemed so hopeless about it, when she put the wand in (internal) she immediately brightened and spun the screen to show me the heartbeat...but before I had a chance to look she spun it right back, her face went dark and she measured and checked for a long time, eventually telling me I just had to "cross my fingers". I feel so despondent.
She gave me another appointment for two weeks time but I can't wait that long, so I'm having a private scan in 6 days. Just praying so hard for my baby :(

Hi Talia, I remember you from before and really hope this time it works out. Sorry for your past loss.

Thank you, I've just realised I remember you too - there was a pretty little girl in a hat in your picture...and you were going to call your boy Dante I think? (Apologies if I'm mixed up with someone else) A million congratulations on your new baby though <3

I had a doctor tell me i would lose my baby but it was ok because i was yoing and could easily try again. She was sooo wrong. I was told by a midwife than 4/5 people in this situation end well. There is a group on here of girls who are going through the same i was in it when i was going through it too. Its in pregnancy club i think with subchronic hematoas in the title.

Good luck i have every faith it will work out fine. X

Thank you, I've just realised I remember you too - there was a pretty little girl in a hat in your picture...and you were going to call your boy Dante I think? (Apologies if I'm mixed up with someone else) A million congratulations on your new baby though <3

Hi, yes that is me. The original picture was my youngest daughter but she isn't so little any more, she is 5 now so I changed the picture to baby Dante who was born on may 31st.

Thank you so much, and I really really hope that this is your sticky baby and your sch is quickly reabsorbed like mine was. I do remember you just had a "bad feeling" last time and your scan dates were off but it sounds like this time you are measuring up ok so there is a great chance that this is it!!

I've been diagnosed with one too. The nurse didn't seem particularly concerned, just said it could be the reason for my spotting. We saw a heartbeat so she was happy. She didn't even tell me a size of the clot. Since getting home I've become more worried about it especially after reading things online.

Hi Rosesrred, sorry to hear it. I'm sure the nurse would have told you if it was a large one - small ones are very common and generally considered harmless.
My doctor wasn't happy just to see a heartbeat, due to the size of my bleed, so if you had cause for concern with your SCH I doubt the nurse would've said she was happy just seeing a heartbeat. When is your next scan?

I had a subchorionic hematoma when I was pregnant with my daughter. It was 9cm x 6cm and they gave me a 20% chance of miscarriage at 14 weeks. This is the picture they gave me so you can see the size. The big black spot underneath her is the bleed. I had a gender scan at 16 weeks and it was still present but measuring 6cm x 3cm. By 20 weeks it had completely gone and my daughter was born at 39 weeks weighing 8lbs 7oz and completely healthy. I needed to have extra scans to make sure that it hadn't affected her growth but everything was perfect.
https://i63.tinypic.com/ehbuhk.jpg

Thank you. That must have been so scary and I'm so glad your daughter was ok xx

Hi talia12, the early preg clinic didn't ask to see me again, just told me to sort booking appointment with my GP for 12 weeks! Seems so far away, I would go out of my mind waiting until then for another scan. I've booked a private one for next Tuesday so 8 days.
When is your private scan?

Hey, if I were you I would take that as a really good sign! Honestly it must've been a small bleed, or they would've called you back. I had a previous early scan in this pregnancy due to recent mc and they mentioned a small bleed while scanning but didn't say anything else about it and discharged me, telling me to book in like they did you. So that is probably standard procedure for a small, non concerning bleed. Try not to worry - they are very common. I asked the doctor scanning me, and she said, oh yes we see a lot of them, but they are usually smaller. But she didn't miss a beat when she said yes they are common!
My private scan is on Thursday. I'm dreading it and trying to appreciate these last days of at least having some hope.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you in your private scan, it's such a worrying time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->