Bleeding and bedrest *update* ectopic

Fidrildi

Reaction score
So im about 8 weeks pregnant now. I have been bleeding fór á week now, its a little less than normal period but its red and a little slimy and no cramps. The dr where i live dont do ultrasound until at 12 weeks so they told me to Just do bedrest and i feel like i am going crazy. I feel like they dont even want to help me. They Just say there is nothing they can do. There are vaginal sonars in the city but to get to use them ill have to get a refural but they dont want to do even that. I dont know why im even writing this i guess i just need to vent. I feel so frustrated. For a week Ive Just been in bed praying fór my baby. Have anyone here ever had a bleeding for a long time and still had á normal pregnancy?

So im about 8 weeks pregnant now. I have been bleeding fór á week now, its a little less than normal period but its red and a little slimy and no cramps. The dr where i live dont do ultrasound until at 12 weeks so they told me to Just do bedrest and i feel like i am going crazy. I feel like they dont even want to help me. They Just say there is nothing they can do. There are vaginal sonars in the city but to get to use them ill have to get a refural but they dont want to do even that. I dont know why im even writing this i guess i just need to vent. I feel so frustrated. For a week Ive Just been in bed praying fór my baby. Have anyone here ever had a bleeding for a long time and still had á normal pregnancy?
Sorry to hear what u are going through ! It’s awful how Your doctor doesn’t send you for an emergency scan ! Could u afford a private / reassurance scan ? May put your mind at rest , hope all will be ok with u and baby xxxx

Reactions: HLx
That's awful! I'm so sorry! And I think 100% you need to book a private scan somehow, I would be going out of my mind, can you go and see your doctor and explain bedrest isn't doing anything and you NEED to be scanned as your so worried?

I'm so sorry. I can't believe they're not sending you for a scan!

Sorry to hear what u are going through ! It’s awful how Your doctor doesn’t send you for an emergency scan ! Could u afford a private / reassurance scan ? May put your mind at rest , hope all will be ok with u and baby xxxx

No not really. There is 1 place that does private scan but its far away and my husband would have to take a day off work to drive me there. The drs dont seem to worrie about the baby at all. They Just say it is so early so there is nothing to do about it.

No not really. There is 1 place that does private scan but its far away and my husband would have to take a day off work to drive me there. The drs dont seem to worrie about the baby at all. They Just say it is so early so there is nothing to do about it.

It may not be anything that can be done if something bad happened sadly, but it would definitely give you a peace of mind once you know what's going on! We can scan from 6 weeks here, and will normally routinely send you for one if you get bleeding! I really feel for you

It may not be anything that can be done if something bad happened sadly, but it would definitely give you a peace of mind once you know what's going on! We can scan from 6 weeks here, and will normally routinely send you for one if you get bleeding! I really feel for you
Yea where I live in Cardiff they do scans from 6 weeks evening and weekend appointments only .. xx

Yea where I live in Cardiff they do scans from 6 weeks evening and weekend appointments only .. xx

Hi to a fellow welshie I'm about 40 mins up the road from you in Tredegar :)

Wow what kind of dr is that? We don’t have scans here until 12wks but any kind of bleed u get referred straight to epu,it’s not fair to ask a pregnant woman to sit and worry for another 4 weeks,could u get to a hospital and see if they will send u for one? Xx

Hi to a fellow welshie I'm about 40 mins up the road from you in Tredegar :)
Hi that’s madness how we live so close, I don’t actually live in Cardiff I’m from Pontypool but travelled to Cardiff for my scan ;) xx

Hi that’s madness how we live so close, I don’t actually live in Cardiff I’m from Pontypool but travelled to Cardiff for my scan ;) xx

Not even that far from new then! Pontypool is literally just down the road :)

I spoke to the midwife in the main hospital. She said that if i get pains or if the bleeding increeses i can come for an exam there but if the bleeding continues on at this rate i should wait and continue on bedrest. There is one obgyn in my town but she is fully booked this month. The midwife also said that there are 3 other places in the city that do pelvic exams in early pregnancy but 1 is not answering and the other 2 are fully booked this month. I think i have no choice but to wait for my apointment that is 1 november :|

I spoke to the midwife in the main hospital. She said that if i get pains or if the bleeding increeses i can come for an exam there but if the bleeding continues on at this rate i should wait and continue on bedrest. There is one obgyn in my town but she is fully booked this month. The midwife also said that there are 3 other places in the city that do pelvic exams in early pregnancy but 1 is not answering and the other 2 are fully booked this month. I think i have no choice but to wait for my apointment that is 1 november :|

I'd phone back and say your in pain and that the bleeding is worse, just to get seen! That's me though

I can’t believe this! I’m so sorry this is happening to you. I don’t understand why they are being so relaxed about it?? Because although it probably isn’t, they do need to rule out an ectopic pregnancy... Which can be very dangerous! :(

I think I would do the same! X

If you feel your not getting the care you deserve, a little white lie won't hurt, I'd definitely do that if it was me in the situation x

I'd phone back and say your in pain and that the bleeding is worse, just to get seen! That's me though
My mw actually told me to say it once to get in epu,it’s not “the done thing” but u can’t stress for that long when that may actually cause more damage x

Hi. I'm sorry you're experiencing this. My last pregnancy I bled my first trimester starting at week 5. It was bright red with clots at times. After suffering two miscarriages prior to this I was terrified of another. However, I went on to have a successful pregnancy without complication. My midwife checked my progesterone levels, which were normal and early scans showed a health developing baby. They never did find a reason for the bleeding, but thankfully it stopped. I hope you're able to convince your doctor to send you for a scan.

Ugh, I know what you are going through. I bled for 21 days and it was miserable. In my case, it ended up being a friable cervix. I was placed on rest. No exercise, no intercourse until I had no bleeding for 2 weeks. I did get to see my doc at 8 weeks, though, and she booked a scan for me that day. I was so relieved to see the little blob bouncing around with a heartbeat! 15.5 weeks now and all is well so far. I really would think they should get you in sooner...if you have pain and cramping go to the er. I hope this resolves well for you sooner than later <3

Well that escalated quickly. Turns out í had an ectopic pregnancy despite not having any pain until when the falopian tube burst wich happend last night. I was transported to the city hospital in an abulance in the middle of the night and rushed into surgery where they removed my baby, the burst tube and about 1 líter of blood. Im not the tipe to throw á pity partý fór my self but its hard not to now. My baby is gone! Í have Just 1 working overy now! FML!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->