Bleeding and positive HPT on the same day??!!??

Monix

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm super confused and was wondering if anyone has an idea what could be going on.

I've just been feeling pregnant lately so yesterday morning (10dpo) I took a test and it was negative. I also noticed very light bleeding and assumed my period was about to start (it usually starts light and gets heavy in a few hours). I've never had my period early but this was my first cycle since having my son and breastfeeding for 14 months so maybe it's different at the moment.

Later in the day I noticed a faint line on my test but I know that doesn't mean anything because it was a few hours later.

But the bleeding stayed extremely light so I got thinking maybe it could be implantation bleeding? I've never had it before.

So this morning I took another HPT and it was clearly positive well within the time frame!! I tried to wait the 5 minutes but I peeked after 3 and it was clearly there.

Bleeding is still very light but slightly heavier than yesterday, and today it's bright red (I think implantation bleeding is brown?).

I would 100% think I was just getting a slow starting period if I hadn't taken the test this morning. Has anyone had this before??

Thanks!!

I didn't take a picture this morning but here are both tests dry. Left is yesterday and right is today.

Attachments

• Feb13.jpg
    Feb13.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 60
Looks positive! I am I'm a similar situation with bleeding lighting and light test!
With the bleeding I have a best friend who is currently 8 weeks pregnant and bleeding and has had a scan all ok, same with her 3 pregnancies!

Fingers crossed for you xxx

Looks positive! I am I'm a similar situation with bleeding lighting and light test!
With the bleeding I have a best friend who is currently 8 weeks pregnant and bleeding and has had a scan all ok, same with her 3 pregnancies!

That's exciting!! Fingers crossed for you too!!!

It happened to me with my second DD. I was away in miami on holiday and decided to test, it was bfp! Next day I started cramping and spotting pink/red definitely not brown! I thought for sure a chemical given that the cramping was pretty bad too! I kept testing and it was only getting darker and darker until it was blazing on frer 4 days before af was due with spotting! I even visited the dr there and ran betas, numbers were tripling every 24 hours. After 2 days spotting stopped and the rest is history. She's now almost 4 :) I never bled enough to even use a liner though, it was only when I wiped and it was bright pink. Never got heavy and never went on my underwear.

That's exciting!! Fingers crossed for you too!!!

It happened to me with my second DD. I was away in miami on holiday and decided to test, it was bfp! Next day I started cramping and spotting pink/red definitely not brown! I thought for sure a chemical given that the cramping was pretty bad too! I kept testing and it was only getting darker and darker until it was blazing on frer 4 days before af was due with spotting! I even visited the dr there and ran betas, numbers were tripling every 24 hours. After 2 days spotting stopped and the rest is history. She's now almost 4 :) I never bled enough to even use a liner though, it was only when I wiped and it was bright pink. Never got heavy and never went on my underwear.

Wow good to hear someone else had this and everything turned out well! My bleeding was like that yesterday but heavier today (need a liner). I guess I just need to wait and see but hearing these positive stories gives me some hope!

It looks like I'm loosing it :(

The line got heavier over 3 days. It so did the bleeding. Today the line looks lighter. I've had a chemical pregnancy once before but the bleeding didn't start until after the line got lighter and I think it even disappeared before there was any blood. This was the opposite. Does this seem like a normal chemical pregnancy? I'm wondering if there's something else might be going on down there, it hasn't felt quite the same since my son was born.

I'll attach a picture if I can work out how... I'm on my phone

picture

Attachments

• feb15.jpg
    feb15.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 44
I'm so sorry. I had this same thing happen the month before I got my lasting BFP. I was spotting lightly throughout the day and a test showed a very faint line. The next day, I got a faint but clear positive, and unfortunately the bleeding became stronger and it was clear my period was starting.

I also had another chemical pregnancy, years ago, where the line got fainter and vanished BEFORE the bleeding started. So as far as I know there are just different types of chemical pregnancy. Some might last a few days or a week, others only have time to release a little HCG but are already unfortunately ending.

I did take progesterone supplements during my next TTC cycle because I was afraid of a short, irregular cycle causing the early bleeding. But my OB-GYN later said it wasn't necessary. I imagine it's totally possible I could have conceived without the supplements. Good luck to you in the future! I know chemical miscarriages are hard.

I'm so sorry... I just had my third CP in four months (I actually bled twice this month with this loss) so I know how confusing and painful it can be :flower:

All of my CPs looked different and bleeding and lines were all over the place so I don't think they all look or happen the same way.

Sending you big hugs and well wishes!

I really hope its not a cp for u! The line doesnt look much lighter to me, just smudgier!

Thank you very much for the replies and hugs xx

I'm still in limbo :wacko:

I just wish I knew one way or the other what was going on but it seems to be taking forever. I had a blood test on Thursday but the clinic is closed on weekends so my second blood test is on Monday and then I have an appointment to get the results on Tuesday. It seems like an eternity. I thought my HPT would at least give me a better idea by now but they don't seem to be clearly getting lighter or darker.

The bleeding has almost stopped now but was very heavy for most of the week so I don't know how it's holding on at all. I know I just need to wait and see but it's making me crazy.

Sorry just needed to rant :blush:

Here are tests from the 12th until today. It looks lighter today but it's hard to compare because they seem to dry darker. :wacko:

Attachments

• feb18.jpg
    feb18.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 31
There's always a possibility you lost a twin which may be why your hug took a hit and you bleed, but it's still so clearly positive. Could be different sensitivities. Could just be some early bleeding. Sorry you have to wait until Tuesday :hugs: I hope you get good results

hope its all good new and just implantation bleeding

Good luck for the results! Tests look good to me still!

There is a possibility that you are just having your period as normal and still pg. I know so many women who bleef throughout there pregnancies and everythi g is fine. Fingers crossed for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->