Bleeding heavy and still testing positive really need some advice...!!

mrs m25

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had some light bleeding for about a week, I have been to the hospital and i have to go tomorrow for a scan. Yesterday the bleeding got heavier I have still been testing positive for pregnancy. Has anyone had this or is it all over for me?? xxx

I really need some advice!!

1st off all unfortunutly you will test positive even if you have lost the baby. It can take days or even weeks for the hcg to leave ur body. With my last pregnancy i bled lots in my 1st trimester. Often bright red. Also had pain. My daughter is 1 in march. So all maybe ok. Good luck for tommrow

Thank you I have been testing positive for 2 weeks now though. Bleeding was very light and yesterday became heavier.How much did you bleed with your LO? x

I spotted red and brown for 2 weeks and then i had 2 big gushes of red blood followed by 2 more weeks or brown.

Its red like a period been the heaviest its been the whole week x

Are you having serious cramps?

How far along are you?

A lot of women (myself included) have spot or even full out bled and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy. I even know somebody who had MAJOR bleeding and cramps. . .turns out she lost a twin, and now has a healthy singleton.

You can't trust PG tests because it can takes days or weeks for the HcG to leave your system after a miscarriage. But, a miscarriage is usually accompanied by nasty cramps - definitely go in and see a doctor - they will either put your mind at ease, or can diagnose something like an MMC where your body needs help.

Best of luck!

No cramping as such nothing unusual, does not cause me to take to my bed or stop me doing anything. I will just have to wait and see tomorrow at the scan. xx

I had a miscarriage in July and the bleeding increased day by day until the point where it was dripping out of me (sorry), the pain was severe too and that was only at 5-6 weeks pregnant.

This time I had some bleeding at 10/11 weeks, it was spotting then had some small clots but baby is fine and they diagnosed me with a cervical ectropion which is cells growing on the outside of your cervix which are fragile and bleed after sex, after a bowel movement or sometimes just because they feel like it.

This bleeding is bright red and like a period but then it tapers off to brown spotting then disappears.

I hope everything turns out ok for you, the scan will hopefully be able to tell you everything you need. Like the other girls said, it takes a while for the hcg to leave your system after a miscarriage, I bled for 45 days in total (but I have a clotting disorder) and still tested positive for 3 or so weeks, despite my hcg only ever getting up to about 2000.

Fingers crossed for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->