Bleeding like period but then bfp and getting stronger

love.peace

Mama
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I was due af on Friday and it didnt show so Sunday I took a hpt and got a squinter. Assumed it was an evap. On Monday I started bleeding as heavy as af with cramping and clots. Only bled for 2 days and Wednesday was light (normal af is at least 6 days of heavy bleeding) so decided to take another test Thursday with fmu and had a faint but very clear bfp. Tested again this morning with fmu (48h later) and the line is so much stronger. Almost as strong as the control window. However I'm still wiping blood. 😔
I'm going to the doctors in a bit and praying they take bloods. Not sure what to think though. I bled so much in those 2 days I'm really surprised the tests are getting darker.

I've heard it can be pretty common for women to have a 'period-like' bleed when they're due on when newly pregnant. Perhaps it was that?
I hope you get your answers soon.

I hope that everything goes OK at the doctors and you get some answers :hugs:

With my second I didn’t find out I was pregnant until I was 7.5 weeks as I had a bleed that I thought was my period so I didn’t even test as I figured it wasn’t possible. I bleed for 3-4 days and even wore tampons, so it’s not like I was confusing some spotting with my period. I eventually took what I thought was an early test before my next period (after explaining away symptoms for a few weeks!) and it was an incredibly strong positive. I only found out why it was so strong at my 12 week scan - baby was measuring 15.5 weeks, not 12 weeks! :lol: So yes, you can bleed like a period and still go on to be pregnant. Go and see your doctor for further investigation.

With my second I didn’t find out I was pregnant until I was 7.5 weeks as I had a bleed that I thought was my period so I didn’t even test as I figured it wasn’t possible. I bleed for 3-4 days and even wore tampons, so it’s not like I was confusing some spotting with my period. I eventually took what I thought was an early test before my next period (after explaining away symptoms for a few weeks!) and it was an incredibly strong positive. I only found out why it was so strong at my 12 week scan - baby was measuring 15.5 weeks, not 12 weeks! :lol: So yes, you can bleed like a period and still go on to be pregnant. Go and see your doctor for further investigation.

Very encouraging. Congrats and thank you 😊

Thank you for your comments. Spent ages at the hospital today. Had an internal examination and bloods taken. They are suspecting an ectopic pregnancy 😔 my hcg levels were 500 but my progesterone was only 5. I'm going back on Monday for more bloods and a scan. My tests had definitely got darker since the bleed and my mum says we naturally have low progesterone in our family so I'm clutching straws and praying. If 8ts ectopic I won't be going on our family holiday to Ireland 😭

Hope all goes well. Hoping it's not an ectopic for you. Just wanted to say I had bleeds from. Five weeks up to 4 months in this pregnancy. Everything has turned out OK for me I'm due in seven days. Wishing you all the best xx

Oh I hope it’s not ectopic! Thinking of you, please let us know how you go.

Thank you. I'm really praying but feel with my progesterone so low I'm clutching straws. I took another test this morning and it was the darkest I've ever seen it. My scan is at 5pm so I need to keep busy today. We leave for Ireland on Wednesday and if it's ectopic we won't be going and the holiday will be ruined for everyone. I'm praying. Will update later. Thank you ❤

Wishing u the best. So hard waiting for results etc xx

They couldn't see anything 😭 she did see a cyst on my right ovary. I thought they may not see anything as at 5 weeks I had a scan with my daughter and it was empty and went back 2 weeks later and there she was.
I had bloods taken and need to call in the next hour. However after researching more my progesterone level was 5.6nmol and not measured in ng so I'm as a miracle happens I'm going to miscarry anyway. Hey I'm going to pray for a miracle and hope that it was an anomaly. I'll let you know my blood results. But either way I'm not out for an ectopic 😭

Ah hun sorry to read this. Got everything crossed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->