Bleeding, scan, hcg :/ don't know what to think!

ameeann

Reaction score
So I got my bfp on Thursday, I'd had a bit of a stabby pain in my side for a few days but thought nothing of it...Saturday I woke up to a bit of old blood so I went to the out of hours doctors, the pain was from a bad bladder infection and baby wasn't ectopic

But I had my hcg which was around 3400 I'm between 5 and 6 weeks, they did a scan and asked if I could be closer to 5 week's cause they could only see a sack and no yolk or anything yet...

Anyway I have more bloods tomorrow and another scan on the 20th...the bleeding had stopped but today it's back a little, again it's old blood and I'm hoping it's just from the internal scan but I'm so so nervous, I didn't have any of this with my son so I have no idea what I should expect at 5 week's as for hormone levels or what I should see on the scan...

Does any of this sound normal? I just feel so negative about it all rn. :(

the bloods will give a good indication to whats going on. Just a sac is completely normal for 5-6 weeks though, and Id say your Hcg results sound fine too.

Thanks lovely. .. I'm so nervous :/

OH has fertility issues as it is so it all just seemed too good to be true

Will you get the blood results tomorrow too? How stressful 😔 ... Really hope everything turns out ok.

I'm not sure tbh... I did on Saturday but that was because I was in hospital I think. .. I'm hoping they tell me ring epu a few hours later, they told me it takes 4 hours to get the results through but I don't know if that's if they're rushed through or not... I hope so though I can't take the waiting, it's making me crazy and it isn't fair on my little one :( and thanks lovely x

I'm in a bit of a similar boat right now (scan dated pregnancy at 5+2 with a gest sac and yolk sac and I'm sure of my dates - they should have been 6+2 at the time)

At early gestations it is the matter of a few millimeters, so hopefully on your next scan it should catch up. Any blood seems concerning but my doctor says unless it's bright red and you're in intense pain it's probably not worrying but always good to get checked anyway. Good luck Hun xx

So I was told to hope that my numbers have doubled, which they have...now they're saying to go in tomorrow because they should be able to see something in the gestational sack with my doubled numbers. ...but my scan was Saturday, where my numbers were 3100 - it's now Monday and my numbers are 6900 - so surely they might see something now?! There was no mention of another scan, just a appointment with a consultant. I don't know what to think...none of this makes sense to me!

ask the cobsultant to scan you who are you seeing? Your numbers are great!

I don't know who they are sorry...a junior who I was seeing who can barely speak English but was very good and she didn't say who the consultant was...just her senior.

I'm gonna ask them for another scan tomorrow...it's ridiculous that they've left me over night this worried and no explanation.

They still can't rule out ectopic because they couldn't actually see anything in the scan on Saturday and two days isn't enough time to have seen anything physically grow, even if my numbers are good...so I have more bloods again today to see if it's doubled again then another scan on Friday to see if it shows anything... even the Friday scan is cutting it close though, it's only 6 days from my last so they still might not see anything :/ they wanted to do surgery to have a look around but I said no not til my numbers coming back

Surgery?! After one scan? 😮 that's ridiculous!

Yeh I know. .. got my other bloods back they've gone from 6900 to 12900 so the doctor is happy with them but I duno I'm super paranoid. ..I've had a niggling pain in my left side relatively close to the upper part of my hip radiating down a little for a couple of days I mentioned it the antenatal clinic and she thought nothing of it...tbh I'm just expecting the worst right now I think, dh has fertility issues so for us to conceive naturally is something we thought wouldn't happen. ..seems to good to be true

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->