Blighted ovum stories?

Have you been to clinic b4? If so how did tests go last time? Goodluck with clinic. Ive been given progesterone and aspirin incase i get pg cos all my tests came back normal. Had to go to hospital monday to be rescanned and make sure most of womb lining gone, and all fine then again yesterday and have a mole removed and checked, so now im offically sick of hospitals!! So just one more appointment next week to have stitches removed and thats it! By the way , what is AF? Take care x

Heya, glad your appt went well, are you officially back to ttc? I've used progesterone for all mine, plus aspirin last time, so I must have some other problems! Aaarrrggghhh! Tomorrow will be first time at this clinic, my last gyne did some tests which all came back normal. I'm curious to see what they'll say tom! Af is "auntie flow" or your period! Goofy name for it! Hugs

Hi Bellamamma, sent a long message to you which was sent to moderator so hope it gets posted soon cos last time it didnt.

Hi Bellamamma, no the post was just normal and this has happened before when i retyped the message cos id saved it and it was printed. I dont know why they do it on here but it can be a bit upsetting when u have taken the time to write down your feelings then they dont print it! Puts me off coming on here, maybe thats why ppl leave this site! speak soon xx

Hi Bellamamma, all the best for the future and I've just recently heard of women conceiving naturally at 48 years, so fingers crossed for you and lots of hugs xx

Bellamamma, forgot to mention my little boy would have born next friday and hopefully after that I can move on. Tc x

Makeawishx - that's an important date coming up, sending lots of hugs and good thoughts! It will be easier to move on after, I think. I'm just waiting for my appointment in november and enjoying being less stressed because we can't ttc!! Thanx for the hugs and positivity!

hi im new ere.thought i was 9weeks but had to have a scan and the doc told me i was only 5weeks could see the sac but no baby have to go back in two weeks for another scan.im worried and scared something has gone wrong

hi im new ere.thought i was 9weeks but had to have a scan and the doc told me i was only 5weeks could see the sac but no baby have to go back in two weeks for another scan.im worried and scared something has gone wrong

Hi there, really sorry to hear you're going through this, the waiting is so hard. Did they say it might be a blighted ovum? Big hugs :hugs:

Hi Mum30, try not to worry maybe youre not as far on as you think. That happened to me August 12th and I kept going back and back until 23 sept when they decided to intervene and give me some tablets to bring on a mc cos I was 11wk with a 9wk 2d sac with placenta and no baby. I knew I was further on cos I hd done a test on 4th Aug, but they kept hoping. Fingers crossed this isnt the story for you and baby fine. xx

Hi Mum30, try not to worry maybe youre not as far on as you think. That happened to me August 12th and I kept going back and back until 23 sept when they decided to intervene and give me some tablets to bring on a mc cos I was 11wk with a 9wk 2d sac with placenta and no baby. I knew I was further on cos I hd done a test on 4th Aug, but they kept hoping. Fingers crossed this isnt the story for you and baby fine. xx

I thought this was an old thread so I am so glad someone has posted here recently. Long story short, I went in for an early scan (should have been 6+5) measuring 4 "maybe 5 at the most". I knew it was impossible to be so early since I had gotten my first pos 3 weeks before the scan (hpt and then beta the following day). The earliest I could have been was 5+5. Absolutely nothing in the sac. Went back the following week and still not a thing in the sac, though it had grown but was very irregular in shape (basically collapsing on itself). They scheduled me for another u/s the following week, but the day before the scan I started bleeding (started spotting a few days before that).

I knew after the first u/s that I was going to m/c (actually had a feeling the week before). I do have a question that I hope someone can answer for me since I've googled everything I could think of regarding my experience. I passed 2 fairly large grey tissue clots (about 3-4 inches long) within a 2 hour time span. Both times I had what I can only guess would be contractions, severe back pain, and the intense need to push (I also thought I was going to puke from the pain) and after passing the tissue I immediately felt better. I am still bleeding, which I expected (not heavy - changing my pad every 6-8 hrs), but I'm still feeling some less intense "contractions" (worse than menstrual cramps but not as bad as the ones I felt right before passing the tissue). Is this normal for the process with a blighted ovum (which I had)? I should have been 8 weeks exactly when I started spotting and 8+5 when passing the tissue. I'm just terrified that I might have had an incomplete m/c.

Stash777, so sorry for your loss! Personally, after I passed the sac whole I had no more contractions. I was going to the ED when it happened so they verified a complete mc with a scan. I do think it's possible you're still passing material, how long has it been going on now? My last, earlier mc, I passed stuff (nothing like a sac) for a week or so. It's best if you have a scan or do beta's to confirm it's complete. The beta's you would do until they're back to 0. After I passed the sac, I did go on to have what felt like a "normal" period, sometimes with clots. The grey tissue you passed could've been the sac in 2 pieces since it had collapsed prior. It's important to follow up with your gyne tho, to make sure it's complete! Big hugs!

Hi stash777, You were lucky to mc so early I had to be started around 11 weeks and sac stayed regular shape til around 9wk2d when it started going irregular. I had the last pills on sun 25 sept at 4pm, contractions started at 5pm and passed 2 large pieces of tissue at 8pm and after that cramping died down. I did get cramps from time to time and spotted for 3 and half wks with the additional red spotting and the tiniest clots here and there. Hd a scan 1 wk after and all gone. If you still having pain speak to the hospital or doc and have a scan to ensure all gone. You will know if you have an infection from bad smelling or coloured discharge, try not to worry. xx

Thank you both. I an with a RE, which is why I had an early scan in the first place, had a beta on friday (1000) and go back today and thursday for another set. The cramping and pain have subsided since I posted, so I'm feeling a little better about it. I'm not really passing anything anymore, I'm still bleeding but it didn't even fill the pad overnight last night.

Stash - glad it's easing up for you and you've got a good doc, take good care of yourself!

I found out I was pregnant at the end of Jan 2010, I was pretty sure of dates and that I was only early - 4 weeks or so. Blood tests confirmed that. Fast forward to the last week of February. I was about 8 weeks along and started bleeding, brown for a day or two. Went to the ER, and they basically just shrugged me off - what happens will happen was their attitude. They did give me a blood test, my HCG was about 20,000. On the 26th I went back as I began bleeding red and heavy, I just knew in my heart something wasn't right :cry: After lots of begging to please let me know one way or the other and lots of crying, they slotted me in for an U/S. That confirmed what I already felt was happening, I was miscarrying. It was a blighted ovum. Blood tests also showed a decline in HCG. I chose to let me attempt to miscarry naturally. I had two days of on/off contractions and passed lots of clots, some palm sized. Lots of blood gushed out with them too, I just missed painting our carseat with one contraction. After bleeding for almost 2 weeks I had had enough. I headed back to the hospital again and was admitted for a D and C. It was not as bad as I was expecting (physically anyway) and I only bled for a few days afterwards.
We went on to conceive our beautiful daughter in August once I felt I was ready emotionally.

no they never said a thing to bascialy she just told that i was 5weeks and couldnt tell me any more and if they dnt see anything on the second they will decided then what to do.oh just i knew the feck what was happing:dohh:

no they never said a thing to bascialy she just told that i was 5weeks and couldnt tell me any more and if they dnt see anything on the second they will decided then what to do.oh just i knew the feck what was happing:dohh:

Total crap! Sorry you got treated like that! How're you doing now? :hugs:

Total crap! Sorry you got treated like that! How're you doing now? :hugs:

well thats was she told me cudnt tell me yea or nah so in limbo until the 2nd dnt no how i feel some days il b thinking the worst and just cry my eyes out and others i try not to think and just get on withj my day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->