Blighted ovum stories?

I just wanted to share my story about being diagnosed with Blighted Ovum.
October 2010 I was about 8 weeks along and started spotting. I have had M/C before this so I knew something was going on. I went in for bloodwork, HCG was low. Had an ultrasound done two days later and the doc said blighted ovum with some blood floating around in there around it. The next day I passed the sac which looked to me (TMI) like a strawberry skin with the specks only grey with blood on it. Then the day after I was outside helping my dad with some yardwork, he has no understanding of m/c or anything pregnancy related so he kept telling me things to do, that I couldn't do at the time. I would do the things I could, then I felt like I just had to push.... I thought it was just a big clot that came into my underwear, so I ran inside to the bathroom to clean up, but it wasn't a clot. It was actually my 6-7 week baby. Some how, something happened that made the baby and the sac separate, and the "blood" the doctor saw on the ultrasound was probably the baby floating around in there, and you'd think that a doctor could tell the difference. I wouldn't share this story if I wasn't 1000000% positive that it was the embryo. I remember exactly the way my first little tiny baby looked, and it was just like that. I was sooo sad. I thought it wouldn't be as bad to handle if it was a blighted ovum. But when I saw that it was a "real" pregnancy, it 'bout killed me.

Hi Beth, thanks for sharing your story, makes me really sad too! So, it wasn't a blighted ovum after all, I think they are really over-diagnosed, after reading so many stories on here and other sites! It seems to be the catch-all diagnosis when they don't really know what the answer is. Mine was def a blighted cuz I got the pathology report saying there was no evidence of a trophoblast. Which doesn't make it any easier either, but at least I know. Saw you on the recurrent pg loss thread too, I think? How are you doing?

no they never said a thing to bascialy she just told that i was 5weeks and couldnt tell me any more and if they dnt see anything on the second they will decided then what to do.oh just i knew the feck what was happing:dohh:

Total crap! Sorry you got treated like that! How're you doing now? :hugs:

well thats was she told me cudnt tell me yea or nah so in limbo until the 2nd dnt no how i feel some days il b thinking the worst and just cry my eyes out and others i try not to think and just get on withj my day

Will be thinking of you on the 2nd, it's almost here...hang in there! Big hugs and let us know how you get on :hugs:

:haha:
no they never said a thing to bascialy she just told that i was 5weeks and couldnt tell me any more and if they dnt see anything on the second they will decided then what to do.oh just i knew the feck what was happing:dohh:

well thats was she told me cudnt tell me yea or nah so in limbo until the 2nd dnt no how i feel some days il b thinking the worst and just cry my eyes out and others i try not to think and just get on withj my day

Will be thinking of you on the 2nd, it's almost here...hang in there! Big hugs and let us know how you get on :hugs:[/

thanks to all for your advice and stories.il keep yee posted .fingures crossed.:winkwink:

:haha:

Will be thinking of you on the 2nd, it's almost here...hang in there! Big hugs and let us know how you get on :hugs:[/

bellamama- I am doing as good as possible I guess, I have my appt with a new doctor on tuesday and I am starting to get nervous because I already feel crazy, and have had quite a few people tell me they think I am in deep depression.... including a friend who is head of a behavioral health facility... so I am more depressed because it is noticable to people I guess.

bellamama- I am doing as good as possible I guess, I have my appt with a new doctor on tuesday and I am starting to get nervous because I already feel crazy, and have had quite a few people tell me they think I am in deep depression.... including a friend who is head of a behavioral health facility... so I am more depressed because it is noticable to people I guess.

What exactly do they EXPECT? Should you be dancing around singing?? Why are people so judgmental? It's perfectly okay for you to be depressed. The fact that people are calling it to your attention is rude. Unless they're asking how they can help, they should STFU. (Sorry I may be projecting there...)

Well, it hasn't just been since this m/c-chemical.... I've had several, my husband battled a drug addiction and is currently winning the fight. BUT, I guess I am holding onto things that should be let go.... IDK, I don't get offended, just embarrassed. I know that the people that have told me that are people who wouldn't hurt me, or just toss that out on me for no reason. I know I need to get happy, but right now the only way that would happen(without meds or therapy) is if I could get pregnant and carry to term, or get a new place to live. Right now I am stuck in a bad rut, and something good happening could spring me out of it...thanks for the protection though! LoL! my son has been going on and on about protectors and being protected....maybe he is linking that with me..

Beth, I fell into a bad depression after my second mc (have had 3), and it was noticeable to those who knew me well, and to myself. I was acting so unlike myself, doing things I never would've done, I thought about going to a therapist but things got better so didn't. Then again after the 3rd, for a week was going crazy, for some reason am dealing better this time, maybe because I found a new doc who is giving me some hope for mc treatment. I think it's normal to be down but we do have to keep an eye out that it doesn't get out of control for our own good, if you need help ask for it! Big hug!

:cry::cry:hi all doing ok today got a bit teary today just thinking of the second.wondering what the out come of this will b.hoping it will be good news.think if its bad they will b picking me up off the floor in bits.not looking forward to it at all.i no it has to b done but scared.

Just a few more days now hun, hang tight! I know this will probably sound wrong, but I felt relieved just knowing, good or bad news. The waiting is really so hard, at leat you know you will know onthe 2nd. You've not had bleeding right? Pg symptoms, how are they? Hugs!

no bleeding thank god.still tired alrite on and off.boobs not sore any more .and im eating better than what i was.getting pain on and off in lower back other than that im grand.

Hi I would like to share my story, i was 11 + 2 weeks pregnant when we went for our scan, as it was my first baby I was super excited like us all. I went into the scan room for the scan and when the sonographer said there is no baby my heart just sank, I had all the pregnancy symptoms still and i even did a pregnancy test in the morning to make sure i was still pregnant and it was positive so see no baby I just didn't understand I was up and off the bed before they could get the gel off I just couldn't wait to get out of there we then had to wait to see the sister and consultant to see what happens next I took the medical management route and passed everything on the 10 Oct. Now just waiting for first AF to arrive before we start ttc's again.

Thanks for taking the time to read, take care

Jo
:hugs:

Jo, thanks for your story, blighted ovums are really awful! It all seems to be going ok, with symptoms and all and then nothing, hard to understand! Hooe af arrives soon for you and you can try again, they say usually blighted o's only happen once. Hugs..

Hi Bellamamma, any news with u? Had my first AF from the blighted ovum and it was the date my little mark whom I lost in May would have been born. Felt bit sad that day so took kids to the enchanted garden for some family halloween fun!! Would love to start tryin next weekend bf not keen on trying again cos our little boy going through the terrible 2's at the moment! Also think I rushed into it after last mc and thats why I had the blighted ovum was womb was still healing. Are you ttc or waiting? Tc xx

Hi wish, good to hear from you! I'm just starting second af after the mc today, so at least am on track! We have to wait to ttc til next month, have to do a special doppler first, then the doc will put me on meds to try to avoid another mc. Def less stress not ttc'ing but also worried I'll be too old when I finally can! Terrible 2's huh? Difficult time, good luck with him and convincing bf to try again! Hugs...

i found out i had a blighted ovum at my first (12 week) scan...was heartbroken...had erpc 2 days later....that was 11 days ago...still bleeding. Was totally gutted as I had no signs and thought everything was fine and well :( sorry for your loss...

Ah islander, so sorry!! It's really awful, esp when you don't find out til 12 weeks! Big hugs, take good care of you!!

thanks bellamamma..still v sad obviously :( but hopeful for trying again...cant wait til we can :) should be this week sometime hopefully :) fx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->