Blighted ovum with yolk sac?

BeccaBurton

Reaction score
Can a blighted ovum have a yolk sac present?

I had an early scan at what I thought was 5ish weeks... However nothing was in my uterus except thickening. I had a repeat scan 10 days later to find a gestational sac and yolk sac. Measuring 5 weeks 2 days. If this date is true I would have found out I was pregnant at like 2 weeks and a few days... Which I think is pretty impossible. And my levels are not doubling. First beta was at first ultrasound so around 3 weeks and it was 800. Fifty nine hours later is was 1279. So about a 60% increase. Then a week later only 2800... I'm not feeling very confident. I have ha NO bleeding or anything. I have another scan on Monday to see how things are progressing. What do you ladies think?

This happened to me in 2012, id had a loss in june then got pregnant after one cycle and when I had my scan at 7 weeks I measured 5 weeks 1 day which I knew I wasn't as I was charting. I had a gestational sac plus a hint of a yolk sac which disappeared at the repeat scan a week later where I still measured 5 plus 1. Unfortunately I miscarried naturally at 11vweeks. My hcg was never measured. Of course that doesnt mean the same will happen with you and I so hope all will be ok for you, any questions please ask lots luv xxxxx

No. A blighted ovum doesn't have a yolk sac. It could have been an early mc before baby could be seen. But with the BO the theory is the baby does not grow because a yolk sac is not present to nourish the baby. So the baby doesn't survive. If there is a yolk sac and baby doesn't appear, it's because it was an early mc not a BO

Really? I wonder why they called mine a bo. Even put it in my notes:( Maybe its because mine was just a shadow of a yolk sac and had disappeared by the next scan. I know I had absolutely zero pregnancy symptoms so I knew all was not right but within 4 months I fell with my son now 6 months and the joy of seeing that tiny hb at the scan was amazing. So there is hope xxxxxx

Idk. When i had mine i did so much research. I had zero symptoms as well. But even had to pee. I got a super dark bfp at 9dpo.

It was totally the zero symtoms for me that alerted me something was really wrong:( at 4 plus 1 im wanting symptoms cause im worrying same will happen but im 42 now so its more likely things will go wrong. Trying to think positive and that weve just had a perfect little boy xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->