Bloated Grossness

SummerMother

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Just wondering how many of you experienced bloating when you conceived?

I had AF may 19-May 21. As usual I started bloating a couple days before and my bloat is usually gone by the last day of AF. I bloat pretty bAd in my stomach area. Well it hasn't gone away at all and I am now a full week past AF. I haven't been eating any different at all. I've also been gassy.

I didn’t expect bloating around the time of conception but I read it could be very very early sign of conception. The increased gas during pregnancy is due to the higher levels of progesterone in your body while pregnant and these can lead to digestive issues. But it would be too soon to tell whether you’re pregnant or not. However, don’t over analyze your symptoms. I get crampy, gassy and bloated every month after ovulation; if think it’s just a surge in hormones due to ovulation.
Alternatively, what is called period bloating is actually fluid retention, as there is a major fluctuation of hormones, namely oestrogen and progesterone, leading to a feeling of being overly full or being swollen around the waist area. It is quite often very uncomfortable, annoying and bothersome. Usually by the third day of the period the excess water, blood and waste have been flushed from the system and the woman no longer experiences bloat. A good way of trying to see if the bloating or constipation may be triggered by hormonal fluctuations is to make a diary of when these symptoms occur and how they relate to your menstrual cycle. I would prefer to wait atleast 6 dpo to take hpt. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->