Blocked sink, help!!!!!

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
My sink has been blocked since last night, used drain unblocked and boiling water but its still stuck!

Waiting for my dad to come round with the plunger but not for a couple of hours! What can I use?

Can I use my dishwasher and washing machine while it is blocked?

Oh no! I was going to suggest the drain unblocked stuff because that's worked for me each time. Have you got a wire coat hanger? Try sticking that down and seeing if you hit anything. I've got no idea about the dishwasher, sorry!!

I don't think I have any wire ones :nope:

My sister told me to unscrew underneath and get the stuff out but I think I'll wait for my dad :blush:

Yep I think you need to unscrew here and check it out...

My daddy's coming soon :haha:

I'm such a wimp when it comes to these things!

Do you have a empty milk bottle or water bottle?

Take the lid off and put the bottle end over the plug hole and squeeze it so it pushes the air in, keep doing it until its unblocked.

Oh that's a clever idea kala.

I'm lucky when mine blocked the mr muscle stuff worked. Otherwise I'd have been screwed!!

You can mimic the action of a plunger with a cloth folded up, or something similar. Put the folded cloth over the plug hole and press it down so it forms a good seal around it. Fill the sink with an inch or two of water, then wiggle the cloth up and down - it should make water/gunk come back up into the sink. Keep going until you think it might have dislodged whatever is in there. It probably won't work for a massive blockage but it's good for smaller ones.

My dads done it! The plunger would t have worked but thanks ladies :flower:

The bend was clogged with fat and grease :sick: my dad said its probably a mixture of stuff going down the sink and grease out the dishwasher. Good job I didn't put the dishwasher on as it would have come back up the sink!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->