Blood in CM after smear test?

Wtbam

Reaction score
Realllly confused - please can anyone shed any light?

This morning I had a smear test, and this morning, my cervix was medium to firm with sticky/creamy CM.

I just checked it, 3 hours after the smear, and the cm is egg white consistency, streaked with blood. There is not much of it. My cervix is still medium/soft.

I had a little cramping after the smear for about 30 mins.

Could this be the smear causing the bleeding or am I finally getting either ovulation bleeding, or AF? ( I am on CD86 after coming off birth control!)

Hmmm...it sounds like it could be bleeding from your smear. It may be that whoever did your smear was a bit rough. It could also be that you're about to start AF and the timing is just a coincidence.

I'd wait it out and say that if it goes away, then it was probably the smear or ovulation bleeding.

Have you taken an OPK to see if it was ovulation?

No, as my cervix has been hard and CM sticky/creamy!

I will now though, just is case. Should the OPK be positive right up until ovulation, or does it go negative and THEN ovulation happens?

There's an upsurge and a downsurge of LH, so you can get positive then negative then positive. Generally speaking once you have a positive you'll ovulate in 24-36 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->