• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blood on Pregnancy test

elociN

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently breast feeding my 28 month old son and my period has not returned yet. A couple of weeks ago I noticed lower back pain and was thinking it must be my cycle trying to make it's return, then about a week ago my nipples got incredibly tender and painful to the touch and this has not gone away still so today after speaking to a friend I decided to do a FRER which was negative. Then I remembered an old and very popular blood on PT thread which actually led me to find out I was pregnant with my youngest just over 3 years ago. At the point of getting a positive FRER with diluted blood I was getting BFNs with urine and only got a faint positive on FRER 2 days later.
So today, after also finding this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21875776
as i still had one test left in the pack I decided to repeat the experiment.

here are the tests
this is today's test

25099274622_421b3e39a8_k.jpg
[/url]2016-02-23_05-42-47 by elociN_5, on Flickr[/IMG]

and this is one from 3 years ago slightly drier
8391563263_1f0285c971_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by elociN_5, on Flickr[/IMG]

we are not trying and were not planning any more children, if this is a genuine positive I am in shock.

I remember that blood on hpt thread from way back. Was the end result that blood can be used and it does detect sooner than urine? I didn't follow it for very long.

If your test were a pee test, I'd say positive. I guess you'll know for sure if a pee stick shows in a couple days. Good luck!

I remember that thread too!
I really don't know what to make of that test- was there a line before you took it out of the case?

I remember that blood on hpt thread from way back. Was the end result that blood can be used and it does detect sooner than urine? I didn't follow it for very long.

If your test were a pee test, I'd say positive. I guess you'll know for sure if a pee stick shows in a couple days. Good luck!

I am not sure how that thread ended and what the conclusion was, as I stopped reading it at some point but I do remember that a lot of people got positive results and some even tested their husbands :).

I remember that thread too!
I really don't know what to make of that test- was there a line before you took it out of the case?

yes there was one there before i took it out and rinsed it. It just got a bit darker with time.

Found the thread! Going to have a read through now! I'm really looking forward to see how this pans out for you.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-tests/618084-using-blood-hpt-saw-you-tube.html

I just did it but had to filute with water. I am 9dpo here is test

Attachments

• 20160223_150334-1.jpg
    20160223_150334-1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 45
My lunch time 9dpo test

Attachments

• 2016-02-23_12.45.53-1-1.jpg
    2016-02-23_12.45.53-1-1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 42
What are you doing to get blood on the test !? Lol I'm a big wimp I can't imagine pricking myself for an experiment haha!
I hope you end up with a BFP though !

What are you doing to get blood on the test !? Lol I'm a big wimp I can't imagine pricking myself for an experiment haha!
I hope you end up with a BFP though !

this time just a needle, last time a blood sugar test kit lancet (purchased for the occasion :)).

I am thinking it is a weird evap this time.

tested again today, FRER and cheap wondfo stick from boots with urine and wondfo with blood. Both negative with urine but the blood one produced this.

24608259513_cbf13ed363_k.jpg
[/url]2016-02-24_02-28-18 by elociN_5, on Flickr[/IMG]

I was going to say- we definitely need some man blood for comparison purposes lol

Did another wondfo with my blood, very clear test line straight away, before the blood reached the control line.
Weird stuff. Wee tests all neg.I cannot be that early, if I was pregnant I would be at least 14 DPO, and by that time I usually have a very dark frer (earliest positive FRER for me was 10 dpo).
So maybe the test with my youngest son was in fact a fluke :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->