Blood pressure 130/100 should I call doctor?

milliemel

Reaction score
For the past week my blood pressure has been around 140/90 but it's usually around 120/80. Today I checked it and it's 127/100. Is this bad? I'm almost 25 weeks

Just in case, what are you up to when checking? It's worth noting you should be sitting and relaxed for a bit before you check it. Either way, calling the doc and asking for advice seems like a decent call. Maybe he/she says 'not to worry, we'll check it at your next appt', maybe you need to come in. It doesn't really hurt to call.

I would def call midwife/doctor. It is a high blood pressure and if not controlled can lead to complications such as pre-eclampsia.

I'm sure it will be fine and if they think its high there are ways it can be lowered again. But your healthcare provider does need to know asap.

How do u feel when it goes up?
I will say if you notice it getting higher the best thing you can do is sit down with a glass of water for at least 20mins. When u check again it should hopefully of come down a bit. If not you 100% need to see your gp/midwife xx

Slight fluctuation in blood pressure is common during pregnancy because of hormonal changes. After 20 weeks, high blood pressure is called gestational hypertension. This is the high blood pressure that develops during pregnancy. Gestational hypertension is not critical. You just need to check blood pressure frequently. If your blood pressure goes too high you may be advised to take medication to control it. Exercise regularly, go for walks and do yoga or pranayama, after consulting your doctor.Eat a well-balanced diet and limit the intake of salt.

It is a good idea to call and let your OB know how your BP has been. The bottom number is a little concerning, the top not so much. Also, be sure to take your BP after you have been sitting and resting for a few minutes. And uncross your legs. If it is high (like that) then stay sitting and resting, wait 10-30 min, drink lots of water and retake your BP. If it goes down significantly then it good. If it barely changes or continues to rise you need to be evaluated

I was told with my last pregnancy with high blood pressure that if the bottom number goes above 90 contact my dr right away...that's the resting rate and if that's high it can be a problem

With the bottom number 100, call ASAP.

I had severe pre-e with my first, the only sign I had was increasing BP (that I could see, I had tons of protein in my urine, but it came on suddenly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->