Blood Pressure (again - sorry!) got my lil monitor

AngelBunny

George's Mummy
Reaction score
sooo some of you might have seen my post a couple of days ago about my blood pressure. pre-preg it was always normal or low if anything around 110/70. but then the doctor told me it was too high the other day & to rest. so i got a little home monitor and i did some measurements;

resting this morning it was 129/106 and pulse of 106.

after pottering about in the garden for a bit it was 188/106 and pulse 146.

now been resting for half hr and it's normal 118/86 pulse of 105.

anyone know is it normal for the BP to be that high when i'm moving about? and is it safe to have it that high all day ie. when i'm running about at work for 12 hrs??

Does your mw know it's this high?xxx

I'd do a few tests when it's high, sometimes those monitors aren't entirely accurate. My mom has one and once it'll give me a super high number when I know I have low BP, I test again and it's low.

yeh i did a few in a row it's deffo working properly kept giving the same readings. and tried it on OH as well :haha: he's always annoyingly normal lol xx

Does your mw know it's this high?xxx

i spoke to her about my pulse being too high on mild exertion because i was struggling with my pulse being 140+ for the whole of my 12 hr shifts at work. she said i had to see my GP as it's abnormal & 'she can only deal with normal'. it was the GP that said my BP is too high too. so the midwife knows about the pulse, not the BP.

I'd definitely talk to her then. That seems really high to me!

you need to talk to your GP more about it if its getting so high when your just doing very mild activity then you should probably be signed off work if your doing more activity when your at work and they should investigate why its so high

My midwife said if the lower number is higher than 90, that's when they get worried and want to refer you to see someone. Yours is higher than that even resting, so yes, I'd be concerned. It's going to be a bit elevated at the moment with it being so hot and with you being pregnant, but that is really too high.

i just checked it again 3 times and all of them are between 160-170 / 110 i think something's a bit off here! and i've been sitting for like an hour now! :shrug: i need to be working really i'm going to start loosing money. i guess i'll see doc again monday but my work are gonna be pissed if she writes me off again. i have cardiology appointment june 20th, maybe they can help it xx

That is really high. You might need to get your Dr to get you on bedrest. Lying down on your left side helps with blood pressure. Have you tried taking your bp after lying on your left side for 15 minutes or so? If it's still high then you seriously need to make that call. It could possibly be pre-eclampsia. Have any of your urine tests come up with high levels of protein?

That is really high. You might need to get your Dr to get you on bedrest. Lying down on your left side helps with blood pressure. Have you tried taking your bp after lying on your left side for 15 minutes or so? If it's still high then you seriously need to make that call. It could possibly be pre-eclampsia. Have any of your urine tests come up with high levels of protein?

no midwife said at 16 week appointment that urine is fine. also i'm not swelling, so it's gotta be just hypertension i guess xx

Why don't you phone midwife or try to out of hours dr's to be sure? Oh and I added you on fb :) xxx

the last reading is 200/107. i called the midwife but her phone is off. i'm gonna do it again in a bit if it's still that high who should i call?

If you phone your doctors surgery they usually have the number for the out of hours doctors on the message saying that the surgery is closed, or it will transfer straight through to out of hours. If not have a look on google? xxx

Id phone the doctors office and they should have an out of hours number.

Hope your sat down with your feet up relaxing!!

xx

you need to ring your out of hours gp or the maternity unit your registered under as thats a really high reading and you prob need to be seen x

haha well i called them & a lady called me back & she said my BP is fine. she said i just need to take it easy & do some meditation :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->