blood streaked ewcm

wildflower79

Reaction score
anyone had this and what does it mean? Just started today and I've never had blood in it before. Freaked me out a little bit. Going off the calendar I was due to ov tomorrow, but had a neg opk this morn. Could it mean ov has already happened?

Some people get that mid-cycle spotting around o time--it's most likely that. Seeing a spot of blood during ovulation is considered an excellent fertility sign. It could be good sign that ovulation is approaching. Basically it states that the spotting is because the egg is bursting from the follicle and can cause red or light pink to brown spotting right before or during ovulation. Unless it is associated with painful cramping, I wouldn’t worry. Take it as very good fertility sign. Don’t bother much about negative opk; it could be possible that you are missing surge. Blood tinged EWCM, however is considered as a good sign of your fertile period is starting. Are you charting temp throughout cycle?

Hi, thanks for replying. I've never used temping to ttc and only started with the opk's last month.

I was a little worried the blood meant I'd already O'd and with hubby been ill we'd not had chance to bd in the run up to it. We did bd last night though, so hopefully that gives us a chance.

Just to provide an additional perspective, I also experienced blood-streaked CM for a while about a year ago. It came on suddenly and then reappeared during O time every month. I got checked out by my doctor and it turned out I had an endocervical polyp and two uterine polyps. Thankfully they were benign, but they did have to be removed surgically because the growths can interfere with TTC. It was a fairly straightforward procedure with very little down time.

Most likely the slight bleeding you are experiencing is just associated with ovulation as another poster said, but if it continues and you've never had it before I would recommend getting checked out by your doctor.

HTH!! <3

The one time I got pregnant, I spotted on my O day. At least I had never noticed it before. I think it was a coincidence, but it happened to be good luck for me.

I get it every month a few days before ovulation, lots of ewcm all in one go with blood in it! Dont know what it means but its normal for me

I had this too like a streak through the cm

Think it's pretty normal Hun unless like the lady mentioned above it gets too much and too regular x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->