Blood sugar levels on gestational diabetes tests

jennifer.lee

Reaction score
I got a 180 on my hour test. Do I still stand a good chance of passing the three hour test with the 180 on the first one?

Does anyone else remember their levels, and if you do, can you tell me if you ended up with gestational diabetes or not?

I know a lot of people fail the one hour and go on to pass the 3-hour. Not sure exactly what your chances are with a 180. I had a 158 on the 1-hour and unfortunately ended up being diagnosed with GD. Hoping for better luck for you!

THis pregnancy, I passed the 1 hour. However my last one I had a 190 and passed the 3 hour.

I had 164 on my first test and failed the 3 hour. However, none of my numbers were sky high so my case of GD is fairly mild. I was shocked since I have absolutely none of the signs of it at all. No family history, not overweight, baby measuring perfectly, etc. I have been able to control it very well with diet and exercise. Since I have been monitoring my sugar levels, they haven't been over 109.

I think GD gets a bad rep, and yes, it is a complication and it's not very fun to deal with. However, it also encourages you to eat better and take care of your body. The information the dietician gives you if you have it in invaluable and frankly, every human on earth should hear it.. ( at least in America ;) ) If you manage it well, often times it poses no threat to your baby or you whatsoever, and goes away after your placenta is out of your body. That all being said, I was devastated being diagnosed with it, but I have come around to realizing it's not that bad. The information I learned from the dietician are things I will do when I am not pregnant to eat a well balanced diet & before I have my second child so I can lower my chances of getting GD again.

I hope you passed your second test & don't have to deal with it.

I failed the 1-hour test with DD1 so did the 2-hour one. My numbers were all good, not even close to being abnormal:thumbup: This test has a really high rate of false positive, 30% or something like that. Kinda ridiculous. I did the 1-hour one today, and really hope I won't fail it this time:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->