Blood Test Results - help!

GBS2012

Reaction score
Hi All :)

I'm 10+5 and had my booking bloods taken about a week and a half ago. I had an extra lot done to check for immunity to chicken pox as my LO had them at the time. I hadn't heard anything so called this morning to see if results were back. Thankfully the majority were back and showed I have immunity to chicken pox, iron stores were and fine and everything else normal too! The only set that weren't back yet were the infection screening results. Does anyone know if it's normal for different results to come back at different times? This is my second pregnancy and for some reason I'm managing to panic about anything and everything!! The fact that these didn't come back when the rest did is making me think something's wrong.
If anyone else knows if theirs came back separately that would really help in calming me down!!
TIA

:)

Different things have ro be tested from different blood samples. Did you notice if they used vials with different coloured tops? Sometimes they have to wait for things to grow on a petri dish depending on what they're testing for

Different things have ro be tested from different blood samples. Did you notice if they used vials with different coloured tops? Sometimes they have to wait for things to grow on a petri dish depending on what they're testing for

Thank you for replying! Now I think about it, I seem to remember a few of the vials having different coloured stickers on them... not sure about lids. For some reason it's just really panicking me!

As above different things are tested in different areas so it may just be they aren't ready yet. My experience with blood work is awful. The amount of times my sample results don't make it back to the dr's office is crazy. I think my blood grows legs and wanders off. I've had so many repeats because of missing results!

Thank you! This is all making me feel much better! x

I don't know about the time to return tests for infections, but I do know that different blood tests take different amount of times to get back. And I've never heard of a "bad" result being the cause for any slow down, so I would not worry at all.

Thank you! I think deep down I know I'm being a bit silly but for some reason with this pregnancy I'm worrying about everything! I didn't worry this much with my first!

Yeah definitely what other ladies said, if there were bad news then if anything those would be the ones they'd definitely give you! It's not as if they retest the samples that show up something bad or anything, they still only test them once. It'll just be that those ones are late

Hi All :)

I'm 10+5 and had my booking bloods taken about a week and a half ago. I had an extra lot done to check for immunity to chicken pox as my LO had them at the time. I hadn't heard anything so called this morning to see if results were back. Thankfully the majority were back and showed I have immunity to chicken pox, iron stores were and fine and everything else normal too! The only set that weren't back yet were the infection screening results. Does anyone know if it's normal for different results to come back at different times? This is my second pregnancy and for some reason I'm managing to panic about anything and everything!! The fact that these didn't come back when the rest did is making me think something's wrong.
If anyone else knows if theirs came back separately that would really help in calming me down!!
TIA

:)

Hey hun don't panic I work in the lab and honestly a lot of the time infectious disease labs are done in batches rather than as soon as the samples are received. So depending on the lab protocol at the lab that took your blood they could only run those tests once a week or a couple days out the week. I wouldn't panic about results unless the provider and or nurses start trying to hunt you down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->