Blood tests/results

RM27

Reaction score
Evening Ladies.

After all the disappointment recently, I plucked up the courage to speak to someone about the troubles we were having conceiving

I am 2 years Depo free in 3 weeks time, but still nothing even though we have been trying for about 18months and using OPK and CB tests for around 9months.

Had my 1st set of blood tests done and I wondered if anyone here can put my mind at rest. The nurse said they were fine and indicated everything was ok but now after googling, I'm not so sure!

FSH was 7.3 and LH was 8.6. These were done on CD2

Testosterone was 1.3, Prolactin was 201 and Progesterone was 1.2. These were done on CD6

Day 21 Progesterone came back at 40.6

I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to share their results and stories and put my mind at ease a little

I just want to say that your day 21 progesterone is excellent!!! The only time mine has been that high was when I was pregnant

I can't comment on the numbers above, but I am curious about where to research progesterone levels. I just had cd 21 blood drawn today and I don't know what to expect. Doctor requested it because I have been trying for a few months and had an early miscarriage. I would like to know more about progesterone and how it affects fertility/ what low P really means for me. Thanks!! And I hope your (original poster) numbers are the indication of a great BFP!!

I can't comment on the numbers above, but I am curious about where to research progesterone levels. I just had cd 21 blood drawn today and I don't know what to expect. Doctor requested it because I have been trying for a few months and had an early miscarriage. I would like to know more about progesterone and how it affects fertility/ what low P really means for me. Thanks!! And I hope your (original poster) numbers are the indication of a great BFP!!

Low progesterone levels during the luteal phase could cause two scenarios: 1. Chemical/early miscarriage because the lining starts to shed shortly after the baby implants 2. Threaten miscarriage where you have spotting in the early weeks of pregnancy

There is controversy on what day 21 numbers should be to determine if ovulation has occurred. Some sources say anything above 3 is good while others say that the level should be above 10 (15 if you are on fertility drugs). Doctors often prescribe progesterone supplements to be taken after ovulation if they think progesterone is the reason for your troubles .

How old are you? FSH is very age dependent, meaning that the older you are the higher your FSH will be. My FSH on CD2 was nearly 10. I'm 32 years old, and this is not good at all (it should be somewhere in the 7-8 range). I wouldn't worry at all about an FSH of 7.3. My RE said that AMH (anti-mulerian hormone), AFC (antral follicle count, done by internal ultrasound), and FSH are the most important test results to determine the probability that you'll naturally conceive, in that order.

Also, regarding the Depo shot, It can take a really long time for it to completely work itself out of your system. It's been a while since I've jumped into the medical literature on this topic, but I seem to recall that it can take up to two years for it to completely leave your system and a while after that for follicles to mature.

Good luck! I really hope it's not much longer for you! Oh, and stay away from Dr. Google! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->