Bloody hell!!!!!!!!

taperjeangirl

Reaction score
Some of you may remember I posted about Daisy being grumpy through the day, so i was considering waking her up earlier from her sleep to feed her.

I mentioned this to my health visitor today and she said to moves her on to hungry baby milk. I then told her that she had been on it for a couple of weeks now and it wasn't making any difference.

So she told me to give her a rusk! I couldn't believe it, I am totally confused about the whole weaning thing anyway but this has totally thrown me!

I came home and researched it online and it came up with younger mums saying that you should never feed babys rice or rusks til 5-6 months., but older mums and grandmothers say that it's fine and they fed all their babies on rice and rusks from around 2 months and that there is no scientific evidence that it will do them any harm as most adults today were brought up this way.

So I phoned my mum and she did give me and my brother and sisters rusk from around 2 months and so did OH's mum do it with her 2.

Even hearing all this I have decided not to give Daisy a rusk til at least 3 months anyway (this is the age I weaned my 1st daughter)
I have decided to change her milk to Cow & Gate though, this was advised by HV too, and seems to be the safer option!

You're right not to do something you are not comfortable doing!! She can do without it for now!! :hug:

Do what your comfortable with.

I know alot of people who wont even give rice cereal before 5-6 months. However, I do know quite a few people who have give rice ceral mixed in the formula in a bottle from as early as 1 month. It can actually help with babies with reflux and alot of gas.

Waiting so long to give rice cereal etc is a new thingl... your right, talk to parents and grandmas and they gave it all earlier too..

If Jasmine keeps up this appetite im going to be talking to my doctor about starting her on rice cereal too.

Do what you are comfortable with though.

a rusk at 2 months?? But babies cant chew at that age though? How is it going to help her appetite? hmm thats a different way of doing things!!
I hope the cow and gate helps. She'll settle down she's just a growing baby :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->