blw and baby rice

henny

mum to two beautiful boys
Reaction score
when i chatted to my hv about blw, she said that i will still need to give Lo baby rice so that it lines the stomach, is this right? also although she said to start weaning at about 24wks she gave me a leaflet on weaning and it had recipes that babies can have from 4-6mths. My hv is very pro bf which is good.
:flower:

i never gave him baby rice until he could hold the spoon and feed himself.

so no you don't and the book says you don't need to either!
you don't HAVE to start weaning when they say so either.

if your looking to BLW then get yourself a copy of Baby led weaning by Gill Rapley, it's only £6.50 at amazon.

Agree with littlestar, there's alot of people who never give baby rice at all. If you're interested in BLW I'd also recommend the Gill Rapley book, it's great at explaining the theories behind it and why it's best to wait until LO is developmentally ready to feed themselves.

thank you, we did try him with rice on a couple of occasions but both him and i got upset, so stopped and decided to do blw :happydance:

it's def better, i watched both my niece and nephew got though purees and i found out about BLW when i thought there had to be a better way!!

it's important that you do understand about the choke reflexes etc which is all detailled in the book, Ebay has a few for sale too but make sure you don't pay over the odds for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->