BLW at 5 months?

we started around 5 months but all she had was fruit and veg, she sat in her high chair and tbh didnt really eat much although she did try. now a month and half later shes eating everything even smaller things like blueberries, so it worked well for us, has your lo shown any signs of being ready like going for your food etc? thats what made us decide to start, although we only really gave her a few bits at dinner time, did start with proper meals until 6 months-ish

I've read the book a few times now and he has started to show the true signs the book describes and we have passed the dreaded 4 month growth spurt. I thought about trying something at 5 months and if he isn't interested then wait a week and try again and so on. I know the guidelines say 6 months but I'm sure that doesn't mean to the day! I would like to exclusively BLW rather than TW (I'm a lazy cow!)

lol yeah thats what we did gave her a piece of broccoli and carrot and let her explore, whenever she'd get bored or agitated we got her out of the high chair so she wouldnt associate it with being upset and grumpy. give it a go, if he doesnt like it or manage you'll know to hold off a bit longer. feel free to pm if you want any advice on it when you starting getting into the full swing of things:)

Thanks hun, appreciate it. :)

Will wait for another week or so so he is officially past 5 months.

We started offering lo food at 5 and a half months (24 weeks) but again she didnt really eat anything at the start. We just offered veg and fruit until 6 months when we started introducing most other foods, this is around the time she started actually eating the food too rather than just playing with it. :)

I was talking to a friend and she suggested starting with fruit and veg at 5 months to help to develop his co-ordination as he won't actually be eating anything just giving it a good gum. He's having a horrendous time with teething so I thought it would help to distract him but also gumming cool cucumber and other things would help to distract him. She said that he probably wouldn't "eat"anything until around 6 months anyway so it wouldn't harm him.

What do you ladies think? It makes sense to me?

I'm TW, but like the idea of BLW. I'm hoping to do a mixture of the two, when my LO is old enough to have better hand/eye coordination!

Do you cook the fruit/veg a little so it's softer for them? :wacko:

I was talking to a friend and she suggested starting with fruit and veg at 5 months to help to develop his co-ordination as he won't actually be eating anything just giving it a good gum. He's having a horrendous time with teething so I thought it would help to distract him but also gumming cool cucumber and other things would help to distract him. She said that he probably wouldn't "eat"anything until around 6 months anyway so it wouldn't harm him.

What do you ladies think? It makes sense to me?

I think that it true of a lot of babies. Some babies will also only play with the food initially and not even attempt to put it into their mouths. I'm not sure whether it will help with the teething as my lo hasn't long had teeth so was never really a issue when we started offering her food. I think as long as you stick with fruit and veg until six months it should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"