BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

i am feeling sorry for myself, my oh has a cold and now I am getting it too. All three of us ill is not good. luckily the oh got it first so he should be ok for when i get at my worst. Hopefully it wont be too bad as I am travelling back home to my mum's for christmas she helps me loads with looking after dex so it is a welcome break. Roll on Summer.

Hope you & Dex & your OH are feeling better soon, sublime ivy.

Violet done so well at lunch today, she was given her lunch when she should have been due a bottle and again, she seemed to do better? And then she took the majority of the milk more or less straight after - the greedy madam!
She definately loves her lettuce though lol

She also done the 'finished' sign both at lunch and dinner :cloud9:

I forgot to mention that I tried Violet with raspberries today.. She didn't like them at all :lol:
The face she pulled was hilarious, but she still went back and tried them again!

I noticed a little rash come up on her belly (which has almost gone now) after lunch and (TMI) but she's had loads of dirty nappies since so I don't think they agree with her, even through the little taste she had. That's the only new food she's had so I'll leave it a good few weeks or months before trying her with them again!

Halens really poorly :( He was teething for the last few day, awake for about 3hr each night crying, but as of yesterday morning, he woke up with suspected conjunctivitis, a rattly cough, I think theres mucus on his chest as he's very rattly when he breaths and a slight temperature (37.8) and very snotty. He won't eat food at all today, he had a bit of toast for breakfast and just threw up all over himself :( just wants loads of cuddles and booby, so I've not pushed the food. He's slept for about 6 hours today!!!! The longest he slept was 4 hours which included me getting him out of bed and into the pram for a quick walk in the hope it would clear his chest a bit. I feel so sorry for him :( he just cries when he's awake and I can't do anymore than what I'm doing

Definitely don't push the food for him today. I hope he feels better soon! :hugs:

I just don't get it, he's always ill! He constantly has a cold or at least a snotty nose :shrug:

Hope Halen gets better really soon :hugs:

Well done Violet with her sign! I'm very jealous, I must admit!! :blush:

Had a bit of a breakthrough with pasta today, we've tried pretty much all different kinds now but today did the bows for the first time and it was brilliant, not chasing it around at all! :thumbup:

Ahh hugs to all the poorly folk x

And well done on Violet with the sign!

Olivia has eaten really well today, she is taking bigger mouthfuls of food and doesnt seem to be chewing as long as she did before either.

I mentioned a while ago about Olivia holding her food out to me to taste and thought it may have been a fluke, well she does it at every meal now so it can't be fluke surely??

She also seems very interested in what I put into my mouth, even if it is from her plate and will sit and watch me chew and if I am close enough tries to get her fingers in my mouth!!

Well done Violet and Aisling!!

Faille, Halen has raspberry's last night and loved them, I hope her rash is better soon, although he looked like he's murdered someone afterwards he was covered lol

Lol, yeah JayleighAnn, I was finding red stains everywhere afterwards! I had no idea they could stain so bad :dohh:

Glad you had a breakthrough with the pasta, Lu! Violet loves hers lol - always a winner with her

CountingDown, that sounds sooo cute! (but gross lol!) I get watched very intently when I eat but at least she isn't trying to shove food or fingers in my mouth :lol:

I think Aisling's a bit too greedy to offer me any of her food! :blush: I've been waiting to see if she would since your post CountingDown, but nothing so far! :lol:

Yeah Lu Ruby ate pasta bows, they seem to be easier to pick up than other shapes!

Ruby is now eating a lot at breakfast time, she is loving yoghurt and rice krispies, with a bit of fruit mashed in, or fruit spread added. She seems to be doing well with taking the spoon off me, but I'm only doing the pre loaded spoon thing at breakfast. She still eats very little at other meals unless bread or toast is offered.

Oh yeah, the other thing she is loving at the moment is tinned pear in juice! She can;t get enough of them, they're a bit slippery though, I found a free sample pack of HIPP baby rice we'd been given in the cupboard so dipped it in that and it helped!

Still no food :nope: he just stared at and looked at me kinda like "yeah what do you want me to do with that??"

huge huge :hugs: jayleigh....i know the feeling with seemilg like they are poorly all the time - Daisy has had a snotty nose for about 4 months now:dohh: and on and off colds too :nope: really hope he is feeling better soon :hugs:

Don't worry Jayleigh...it can be a bit like 'one step forward two steps back' with BLW. espec if he's poorly :(

Ruby just demolished about three quarters of a slice of cheese on toast! Couldn't believe it. There wasn't much left for me and I'm still hungry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->