BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

I love that second photo Sara, it's priceless!! :lol: :cloud9:

Love those pics!! :dance:

How is she doing on picking things up today? Still want you to hand her things?

Love the pics - glad to see Eleanor's not the only one to object to the paparazzi mummy!

Did a bit of a combo thing again last night - she had melon, mango, cucumber, rise cakes and sweetcorn rings which she really enjoyed playing with and she did eat some of it - amazing to see how in just a few days she's worked out how to pick up slippery fruit/veg. Then she polished off the cauli/ squash and apple and pear jars i had open - doing the spoon herself of course! Got into a fab mess and really loved it, so I guess we're on the right tracks.

Great reading about what all your LO's are up to as well - giving me some good ideas!

Rachel x

Aww Daisy is so cute in those pics!!

Glad to hear things are going well Rachel, if you can enjoy the meal times, it can be very fun for both lol

Ahh love the pics x

Well I tried Olivia with scrambled eggs this morning and she was didnt seem that interested in tasting them but loved playing with the new texture! I may try them again in a few day but add some cheese next time.

Love those pics!! :dance:

How is she doing on picking things up today? Still want you to hand her things?

she was ok yesterday - still wanting me to hand things to her but picking a few bits up herself ..... just trying to chill a bit about things and hoping it will come in time:D

she seems to do better when she's sitting on my knee rather than in her chair so i dont know if just letting her sit on my knee for a bit will help.....

great to hear you and Eleanor are enjoying things Rachel:dance:

sara

xxxxxxx

Ahh love the pics x

Well I tried Olivia with scrambled eggs this morning and she was didnt seem that interested in tasting them but loved playing with the new texture! I may try them again in a few day but add some cheese next time.

Whenever I give Violet scrambled egg, she ignores it! If I give her omelette then she goes quite mad with the egg lol... weird child!
I keep hearing about scrambled egg being a hit but I can't even get her to acknowledge it, let alone pick any up :lol:

LOL /\/\/\ bless her! havent tried scrambled egg yet......watch this space!LOL

How do you guys tell when something new has upset their tummy and maybe should be avoided?

Otter had trouble settling to sleep last night. He sometimes does this anyway. And it wasn't any different from other times. But as he tried a new food yesterday, I (of course) wondered if he had an upset tummy from that. :dohh:

Personally, I'd cut that food out for a week, until his body can get rid of it all and then try again and see if the same reaction happens.

Don't know if there's an easier way though?

Is there anything else that could have caused it..? Teething or anything?

Ruby varies massively in how easily / quickly she settles to sleep (sometimes goes off immediately, sometimes takes up to 30 mins) so I'd guess that food didn't have anything to do with it?

We find Ruby is very difficult to settle to sleep at night when she's missed naps during the day.

Yeah, it could have been that his schedule has been all screwed up all week. It's been his first week at full time daycare. It is taking some getting used to.

I think I will cut it out anyway. He loved it, but had a bit of trouble with it. It was a little too crumbly and he got a little bit stuck at the back of his throat and kept gagging -- repeatedly. :dohh: I didn't know it was one little piece doing it to him as I was trying to let him sort it out on his own (SSSOOOO hard! esp with DH freaking out a bit). But I found it when I cleared his mouth when he was done. So, I think we will wait a couple more weeks before we try that one again. haha!

Whoops sorry, misread your post!
If nothing is different from the other times then I'd very much doubt the food caused him a tummy upset. If there are any other signs to go with it then I'd try cutting the food out but if not then I wouldn't worry x

TL, I find it difficult to figure out if it's food bothering Aisling too. Her poos have been much softer than usual and much much smellier today (sorry if TMI!) but I'm wondering if that's got more to do with teething than anything. She hasn't been very bothered with food today, just smushed her cottage pie in her hands for 30 minutes and has the dribbling and bright red cheeks so who knows.

Grr.. it is so frustrating. Especially because I can't ask other moms around me. They all think I am nuts for BLWing anyway, so they of course jump straight to convential knowledge --

no spices of any kind for a year
no meat for almost a year
one thing at a time
that's too much protien
put it in a mash bag
puree it
on and on and on and on and on!!

:grr:

It makes me start to doubt BLW and then I have to remember part of the POINT of BLW is that they DO eat "adult" food early and don't get all goofy about every little thing that doesn't taste and feel like bland mush!

:blush: rant over

Lu, I'd put that down to teething personally.

TigerLady, sounds like you need big :hugs: and just trust your instinct. If you think a certian food is bothering your LO then cut it out for a week and then see how it goes when reintroduced x

I find the ease of settling Kian varies from day to day...and i think is usually linked to naps during the day and 'overtiredness'...sometimes its obviously teething bothering him tho. i wouldn't think its the food. Also LU...i notice that the consistancy and sometimes smell of his poos vary from nappy to nappy lately which is weird coz hes still just having milk so he has the same thing every day! the amount of milk he has varies slightly which explains a change in volume of poo but i have no idea what makes the rest of it so different each time! i'd guess teething (we had a few days of crazy massive, super runny slightly green poo at the same time as lots of dribbling, sucking of fists and crying so i put that one down to teeth). or sometimes i think its pos the fact he picks up minor germs from all the things he puts in his mouth.

wanted to ask u guys a question...i got Kian weighed yesterday and hes gained but since birth he's gaining slower than he's 'meant to'. He started on the 91st centile, at his next weigh in he was on the 75th, then the 50th and now he's betwen the 50th and 25th. I don't get him weight much because last time i went the HV was getting all funny abt him not follow one centile line. my thinking is i can see he's growing, he's gaining and not losing so does it matter that he's not following a set pattern?, i FOD and always offer him bigger bottles than he finishes os he's always got more there if he suddenly wants it so i know he's not starving and he's quite short so i've always thought he's just gaining at a rate that suits his build (i wondered if he was just born a bit of a fatty and is now evening out?) Anyway last visit we had more fussing abt the slow gain and suggestions that i should wean (this was from the the helper woman who weighed him rather than the HV tho...i just went to the drop in clinic and i didn't see a HV) at the time i just dismissed her because of all the things i metioned above...i generally trust Kian to know what he needs etc and i don't wanna start force feeding him and make him put on more weight than he really needs to just so he follows a 'line' but now i've had time to think abt t all the seeds of doubt r creeping in and i'm starting to worry! (this is y i didn't take him to get weighed often!) has anyone else experienced similarworries? i know with BLW it'll b a while b4 he actually starts eating so starting BLW early wont really change anything and i don't really see how i can make him have more milk...he makes it very clear when he doesn't want anymore! what to do :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->