BLW Equipment - Books, Bibs and Tablecloth

Nic1981

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any extra large resilient bibs for my 7 month old?

The rubbish fabric ones I have at the moment don't do much at all!

Also I'm looking for a wipe clean tablecloth for the table and the floor?

And can anyone recommend any good books?

Thanks in advance!

Baby Led Weaning by Gill Rapley:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-led-W...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260392282&sr=8-1

We got some long sleeved bibs from Ikea:
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10121520

They should be big enough, they are far too big for Freya!

Sorry can't help with the tablecloth :D

I'd recommend the same book. I've given up on long sleeved bibs now, I just have a few long sleeved vests that we use just for eating :thumbup:

Not sure about the table cloth either. I'd like a wipe clean one too but they seem to be very expensive and I can't justify the expense! You can get splash mats for the floor from mothercare or ebay though.

Splash mats seem very expensive for what they are - mothercare do one for £10. I don\t bother because it's just as easy to clean our wooden floor but apparently a shower curtain will do the same job!

Long sleeved bibs I found distracted Ruby and bunched up making it harder for her to get food to her mouth. We just use long sleeved vests too, and another member had a brilliant idea yesterday of buying some really cheap sleepsuits in a couple of sizes too big, and putting them over LOs clothes at meal times.

Yup I have the Gill Rapley book, it's an essential!

I don't bother with a tablecloth, Ruby eats off the tabletop, I just disinfect it with dettol spray before and after each meal.

We have some splash mats from Asda - £2 for 2 and they do the job well.

We don't do long sleeves - she has hers rolled up or short sleeves on. It's easier to clean her arms afterwards then her trying to negioate long sleeves - they just get in her way! She still has a normal bib on though.

We don't use tableclothes, she has everything off her tray which is washed before and after each use (same with splash mats).

Yeah I forgot to say as I was in a rush - we bought those long sleeved bibs, but as they are so big don't use them. She usually eats in a short sleeved old vest and nothing else. Much easier. She also eats straight off the table top and we have laminate floor too so I just wipe it. :)

I made a splash mat for my LO -- vinyl table cloth, backed with felt, and even cut out and sewed felt letters in his name (Lincoln) and some cut out Otters on it (okay, maybe that was overboard :blush: ). Just used binding on the edges to make it tidy. It is cute and was cheap to make! And BIG so ready for BLW messes. LOL

I think, after listening to the ladies on here, I will be going with the "certain vests for feeding only" route as opposed to bibs. haha!

If you go into a simple pound shop they do large mess mats for the floor which are wipe clean and also quite large disposable bibs. They are a godsend for stain free clothes! Just simply throw away!! x x x

I was totally with you guys regarding the long sleeved bibs but I found a brilliant one over the weekend, a bibetta one with sleeves which are actually a decent length, have elastic at the bottom and are really soft and flexible, it works brilliantly! :thumbup: I'm actually kicking myself that I didn't get two. I'm going back to the shop this week, think I'll pick up another then. Here's a link: https://www.bloomingmarvellous.co.uk/product.aspx?CategoryID=practicalproducts&ProductID=89955_89956&language=en-GB

ETA here's a pic of Aisling in hers tonight, no way would she have been able to eat in her huge Tesco one.

[IMG]https://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l393/nualamcanally/Nualasphotos201.jpg[/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->