BLW Equipment - Books, Bibs and Tablecloth

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by Nic1981, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Nic1981

Nic1981 Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend any extra large resilient bibs for my 7 month old?

The rubbish fabric ones I have at the moment don't do much at all!

Also I'm looking for a wipe clean tablecloth for the table and the floor?

And can anyone recommend any good books?

Thanks in advance!

2. kirsten1985

kirsten1985 Guest

3. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

I'd recommend the same book. I've given up on long sleeved bibs now, I just have a few long sleeved vests that we use just for eating :thumbup:

Not sure about the table cloth either. I'd like a wipe clean one too but they seem to be very expensive and I can't justify the expense! You can get splash mats for the floor from mothercare or ebay though.

4. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

Splash mats seem very expensive for what they are - mothercare do one for £10. I don\t bother because it's just as easy to clean our wooden floor but apparently a shower curtain will do the same job!

Long sleeved bibs I found distracted Ruby and bunched up making it harder for her to get food to her mouth. We just use long sleeved vests too, and another member had a brilliant idea yesterday of buying some really cheap sleepsuits in a couple of sizes too big, and putting them over LOs clothes at meal times.

Yup I have the Gill Rapley book, it's an essential!

I don't bother with a tablecloth, Ruby eats off the tabletop, I just disinfect it with dettol spray before and after each meal.

5. faille

faille Mummy & WTT

We have some splash mats from Asda - £2 for 2 and they do the job well.

We don't do long sleeves - she has hers rolled up or short sleeves on. It's easier to clean her arms afterwards then her trying to negioate long sleeves - they just get in her way! She still has a normal bib on though.

We don't use tableclothes, she has everything off her tray which is washed before and after each use (same with splash mats).

6. kirsten1985

kirsten1985 Guest

Yeah I forgot to say as I was in a rush - we bought those long sleeved bibs, but as they are so big don't use them. She usually eats in a short sleeved old vest and nothing else. Much easier. She also eats straight off the table top and we have laminate floor too so I just wipe it. :)

7. TigerLady

TigerLady CaveTiger Clan Mama

I made a splash mat for my LO -- vinyl table cloth, backed with felt, and even cut out and sewed felt letters in his name (Lincoln) and some cut out Otters on it (okay, maybe that was overboard :blush: ). Just used binding on the edges to make it tidy. It is cute and was cheap to make! And BIG so ready for BLW messes. LOL

I think, after listening to the ladies on here, I will be going with the "certain vests for feeding only" route as opposed to bibs. haha!

8. zoe0504

zoe0504 Well-Known Member

If you go into a simple pound shop they do large mess mats for the floor which are wipe clean and also quite large disposable bibs. They are a godsend for stain free clothes! Just simply throw away!! x x x

9. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

I was totally with you guys regarding the long sleeved bibs but I found a brilliant one over the weekend, a bibetta one with sleeves which are actually a decent length, have elastic at the bottom and are really soft and flexible, it works brilliantly! :thumbup: I'm actually kicking myself that I didn't get two. I'm going back to the shop this week, think I'll pick up another then. Here's a link: https://www.bloomingmarvellous.co.uk/product.aspx?CategoryID=practicalproducts&ProductID=89955_89956&language=en-GB

ETA here's a pic of Aisling in hers tonight, no way would she have been able to eat in her huge Tesco one.

[IMG]https://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l393/nualamcanally/Nualasphotos201.jpg[/IMG]