"BLW kids don't eat anything"

Sproglet

Reaction score
That's what my SIL told me before I had Robyn and we got onto the subject of weaning.

Today, Robyn (not quite 8 months old) has eaten:
5 toast quarters
Couple of bites of cucumber sticks, heaped tablespoon of humous, 1/2 a breakfast biscuit, 1/3 pack of blueberries
Toddler plate full of fish pie and veg

I get the impression that left to her own devices, she would just carry on eating and never stop.

Apart from the fish pie, it all went in her mouth. Guess it's hard eating fish pie with your hands!

Can't quite see what SIL meant!

We are also BLW which I didn't do with my first as I just didn't really think I could! But I did kinda think to myself today, 'how much is LO actually eating?' As there is always more food on the floor than I think there is in her tummy! But I suppose its the whole point of it, it will take time for them to get the hang of it.

Yeah, I think the amount they eat depends more on the individual child than on the weaning method used. In the beginning I tried giving my LO purees as well as bits of my food and she never ate much either way.

That's great!!! That's like Culver's entire weeks worth of food! Lol. X

We are also BLW which I didn't do with my first as I just didn't really think I could! But I did kinda think to myself today, 'how much is LO actually eating?' As there is always more food on the floor than I think there is in her tummy! But I suppose its the whole point of it, it will take time for them to get the hang of it.

Easy way to tell how much they're eating- check the nappy! Robyn has had 3 decent sized poos already this morning (woke at 7, it's now 11:40).

Jessica's 7.5 months and has actually taken to blw quite well! At first she wasn't eating much but as time has gone on more food ends up in her tummy than on the floor or down the side of her chair and she's even dropped a couple of feeds now. Sometimes she doesn't eat a lot whereas other times she never stops! I agree I think it depends more on the individual baby rather than the weaning method.

I would agree its the baby not the method.

Both me & my friend did TW (my eldest) and her little girl hardly eats anything. She's 6 weeks older than my eldest and she still gets supplemented with formula as she eats so little.
My boy on the other hand never stops. 2 weetabix with fruit for breakfast. Sometimes toast then mid morning or some fruit. Big bowl of pasta for lunch, followed by 1 or 2 yogurts. A snack on an afternoon (sometimes sweets or a biscuit if at granddad's but normally fruit) then say omelette and beans for tea followed by either another yogurt or a fruit or custard pot then milk and biscuit for supper before bed!

I seem to spend all day feeding my boy!

He has his tea about 5 & me and hubby eat about 6/6.30 whilst he plays but he will often come to the table & and sit himself down and have some of our tea as well as what he has already eaten in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->