BLW - What do you do at dinner time?

freddie

Mum of 3
Reaction score
We'll be starting BLW when LO is 6 months. During the day he can sit down and have breakfast/ lunch with me but hubby and I don't have dinner til he goes to bed. So I'm wondering whether I leave that meal out completely for LO to begin with, or sit down myself earlier and have something small with him. I'd like for there to be a meal he could sit with both me and husband but there's just not time - by the time he gets home from work it's LO's bath time and then it's bed! What do you ladies do?

my oh is often home really late too, so i have my dinner with lo and oh has his when he gets home. i used to feed lo alone and then have mine with oh after lo goes to bed, but lo eats much better if im also eating with him.

They eat MUCH better and it's a much better experience for them if someone is eating with them.. so I'd do his dinner earlier and eat with him :) Dinner was actually the only meal we did when we started and it was his only meal for about two months just because he loved sitting and eating with the family. We normally get him ready for bed around 7 so we *try* to eat by around 6 but sometimes things go a bit late but he almost always goes straight to his shower right after eating.. we're not early eaters at all.

Yeah I definitely want him to be eating with someone. I think it'll be an earlier dinner with me and him and then a second dinner with hubby lol! Does that make me super greedy?!?

We have a little snack when DS has dinner. Dh has usually just got home from work do its nice for us to all sit together. But there's no way I'm ready for my dinner at 5!

With my first, I had this issue so did her a separate meal earlier and just sat with her. With my second, by the time she was eating I was single so the three of us eat together at 530ish. My second has been massively better at eating hot meals than her older sister and I really think this has had something to do with it.
I am hungry later on but I just make sure I have reasonably healthy snacks in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->