BLW

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi we have been doing BLW for a few weeks now. LO still isnt interested at all really. He does pick things up and try them but then pulls a funny face and wont try anything again. Before we started weaning I sat him in his highchair for a few weeks while we had our dinner so he could see us eating. He is still EBF on demand. Im currently just offering him food once a day when me and the boys sit down for dinner. Is this enough? He is Almost 6.5 months. I did BLW with my almost 5 year old and he took to it straight away. Thanks in advance x

I started BLW yesterday :) I only offered dinner yesterday and today, but I think I will start giving her food at the same time as her sisters, so brekkie/lunch/dinner. I remember giving dd2 her food (also blw) at the same time as dd1 straight away, and she took to it instantly.

It wont do any harm to offer him more, practise makes perfect!

Thank you. How is your LO doing with BLW? He still doesnt seem interested. He does play with it etc but just doesnt put it in his mouth. I think I will try and offer him breakfast as well over the weekend and see how he gets on. He hasnt eaten any solid food at all today!!

Now don't get me wrong. I'm no expert but I have a La Leche League book that touches on it.

Basically it says that some kids will take to it right away while others have to play with it for a while. They eventually will eat it but its not always an instant thing. Hope that helps.

Thank you. How is your LO doing with BLW? He still doesnt seem interested. He does play with it etc but just doesnt put it in his mouth. I think I will try and offer him breakfast as well over the weekend and see how he gets on. He hasnt eaten any solid food at all today!!

Yesterday she had garlic bread and some tomato, she loved them and Im pretty certain she ate a little tomato and alot of garlic bread! (she sucked it to mush and loved it!)

Today she had crackers and grated cheese for lunch, she didnt eat much cheese, just nommed the cracker really... And pasta bolognaise for dinner. She barely touched it lol. She seems to be very moany when she is eating, I must be offering her food at the wrong times! I think its due to tiredness as her naps are still terrible so I might start trying after she wakes from a nap, rather than leaving it until she is getting tired.

6.5 months is still very young. Some babies just aren't interested yet at that point. The advantage of being Baby Led is to let go of the stress of trying to be in control! You give him opportunities to eat and a variety of textures and tastes and HE decides if he wants to try it or not. Easiest thing is to use bits of what your eating so you don't have to make any extra, and he can see you eating it too so he knows what to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->