• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BLW

sezzolou

Reaction score
I started a few days ago and my 6mo has taken to it well. He will attempt to eat anything I put infront of him, so far porridge fingers, carrots, garlic bread, melon, toast fingers.

Do I just offer 3 meals a day straight away rather than starting with one meal a day and working up to 3 over a month like you do with TW? I was expecting quite a while of him just playing and mushing food in his hands but he's picking it straight up and munching on it with only a little gagging. Of course a lot still ends up on the floor but he's definately also swollowing some.

Also, he's always been a vomity baby with his milk and also seems to bring up any proper food he eats too...yuck. Anyone know if this will pass soon with BLW? I was hoping going for BLW instead of purées would help prevent the vomiting. (The sick has never bothered him, it's jusy messy and now smelly)

You can do whatever you feel ready to do. There's no rush at all to do 3 meals a day. We didn't do 3 meals every day until about 7.5 months (started BLW at 6 months). I just sorta felt like I could only manage to get together 1 meal a day at first, and then once I got the hang of that, then 2 meals a day, etc. plus all the milk she was still having. If you feel he's enjoying it and you have time (and money, because it does cost more to make extra food that gets chucked on the floor), there's no reason to wait, but there's no reason to rush into it either if you want to take it slow.

My baby is 8 months and I still don't always do 3 meals a day. Some days I do 3 meals, but most days just 2 and sometimes if we are really busy its still only once a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->