Board book recommendations

Sarah125

Reaction score
I would like to get Sophie a few more board books for her Christmas.

At the moment she has the 'hungry caterpillar', 'spot the dog' and 'that's not my panda'. I know her granny is getting her quite a few of the 'that's not my' books for Christmas. We are going to get her 'Katie's coo' for Christmas which is a Scottish rhymes book.

So is there any board (or cloth etc just suitable for baby to play about with)books you would recommend? Which ones do your LOs like? There are so many to pick from I am swamped.

Thank you :D

We like the "this little baby" book. My lo loves the last page with a mirror on.

I bought the Gruffalo and Hairy McLary last night :) also bidding on some Xmas 'that's not my.." Books at the mo

My boy loves his Each Peach Pear Plum soft book. It's a lovely book.

Dear Zoo

Hairy McLairy

Buster's Zoo or Buster's Farm (by the same guy as Dear Zoo)

x

i got given a book called my mum and i wobble at the last line every time its lovely
theres also a my dad but i got it in paperback

Wow thank you :D we already have the gruffalo actually. It's such a great book :D

Going to get ordering on Amazon later today!

Sainsburys have some. I bought a couple for Xmas - not sure what they are just grabbed them :haha:

Anything by Sandra Boynton, but my LO especially likes "The Going to Bed Book". He likes touch and feel books (with the fuzzy ducks and rabbit's tails, that kind of thing), anything with flaps. When he was younger I read him a lot of Dr. Seuss board books, but now he wants to flip pages and touch things and some of the Dr. Seuss ones are long for him.

You- by Emma Dodd
"I love every bit of you, your eyes and ears and nose. I love every bit of you, from your head down to your toes."

It's such a sweet lovely book!

Also, Monkey and Me by Emily somebody is lovely :)

My LO is a big book fan and really likes the ones with feely bits on so she likes all the 'that's not my' books. She's got 'animal hide and seek' which is another really good one with lots of textures. There's something about books with lots of detail she likes too, she''s got; 'bear on a bike', 'peepo', 'the baby catalogue', 'guess how much I love you', 'the elephant and the bad baby' and also a couple of the 'mog' books (we have cats and she loves them :)).

Thank you so much for all your ideas. I have just spent £30 on books. Oops :haha:

All these books look great. Can't wait to read them with Sophie :D

Any Hairy Maclary books, dear zoo, peepo, brown bear, what the ladybird heard, and my ultimate favourite - guess how much i love you. also if you like the "thats not my" books try animal hide and seek (touchy feely farmyard tales) and babys very first touchy feely lift the flap play book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->