Body Dysmorphic Disorder

CassieSims

Reaction score
For those of you who don't know what this is, I have attached a link explaining here.

BDD has always been an issue, for me it centers around thinking I am way larger than I am, mostly because of a troubled childhood. I have never been officially diagnosed as I am considered borderline (it doesn't hinder my everyday life anymore with the help of a counselor). But since becoming pregnant I feel I finally see how crazy I am. I am just about 35 weeks pregnant, obviously huge, and yet when I look in the mirror i always have the thought "I really don't look pregnant, I look the same size as before."

This is obviously not true, I've gained 30 lbs, my pre-pregnancy clothes don't fit so I really am bigger, and yet I can't seem to see it that way. It also doesn't help that I work retail and am behind the register, so customers rarely realize I'm pregnant unless I say something and then they say "OH I didn't even notice!". My coworker asked if that bothered me since customers usually say it rudely, and I said no because I really don't look pregnant at all. She looked at me like I had a third eye and said "No offense, but girl, if I didn't know you I would be concerned that you were about to go into labor."

I'm not sure what the point of this post is except that I needed to write down somewhere that I am a larger size right now because I am pregnant, and yet in my eyes I look the same because of a disorder, not because it is true!

Hang in there. I have a psychological disorder that's similar i believe. In my head i dont look pregnant and dont think of myself as looking pregnant and am completely thrown off every time i look in a mirror. I feel like im looking at someone else. I dunno.

But at any rate just know that no matter your size or how you view yourself physically, if you're a kind persom then you are beautiful.

Physical beauty fades for everyone and some day we'll all be gray-haired, wrinkled and saggy and we'll look back on these days and think how silly it was of us to even care.

So, *hugs*.

You're beautiful. Just know that and try not to overthink it all. <3

I'm the same! I feel huge whether I'm 8 stone or nearing 11. I've gained a stone this pregnancy and am now at 10 stone and feeling really depressed about it, but that's because of what the scales say; I can barely see a difference as I've always seen my stomach as huge anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->