bonding...

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
how do you know when you have bonded with your baby?? my baby girl is laying next to me asleep and i have just been staring at her, i feel like she is the most beautifull thing in the world but i dont know if i have bonded with her...how do you tell??? is it a feeling? is it and instinct? is there a lightbulb moment when you think "ping" ive bonded.... X

For me it's when someone else has her, I just feel very uncomfortable without her in my arms.

i only get that feeling with certain people, if her dad or my mum has her im totally comfortable about that and can even go back to bed for a couple of hours... does that mean i havent bonded yet?:wacko:

I think many people bond differently. I'm trying to find what makes me know I bonded, but I can't figure it out. I know my son is the most precious part of my life, that I'd do anything for him, that just being his mom makes me prouder than anything else. I feel that being pregnant with him, giving birth and caring so well for him has made me a truly better person. I just feel this warmth in my heart every second I think of him, hold him, see him...

I'm fine with certain people holding Kaya, but only a few.

how do you know when you have bonded with your baby?? my baby girl is laying next to me asleep and i have just been staring at her, i feel like she is the most beautifull thing in the world but i dont know if i have bonded with her...how do you tell??? is it a feeling? is it and instinct? is there a lightbulb moment when you think "ping" ive bonded.... X

looks like you are in love with her, so I am very sure you have bonded :hi:

I was thinking about this last night.

I think you have definitely bonded, I do the same, I stare at Oscar for hours. When he is sleeping I have to resist picking him up just for a cuddle.

And I am terrified of everything, him getting ill, getting too hot, getting hungry, leaving him alone in a room (in his crib), I watch impatiently when someone else holds him trying to not ask for him back...:blush:

Sometimes I watch him sleeping to make sure he is breathing and have woken him twice...:dohh:

i did all those things newt, i thought it was because of the shakey start Rhiannon had and the fright i had, but it turns out i have mild depression, i think this is why i posted this thread because of the way i have been feeling so low worrying that she and i hadnt bonded then in the next breath quite happily leaving her with grandparents and going out for the afternoon... im all in a mucking fuddle as they say but hopefully it'll get better,

I didn't properly bond with Alex til he was about 9 months, not sure when it happened with DD.

i did all those things newt, i thought it was because of the shakey start Rhiannon had and the fright i had, but it turns out i have mild depression, i think this is why i posted this thread because of the way i have been feeling so low worrying that she and i hadnt bonded then in the next breath quite happily leaving her with grandparents and going out for the afternoon... im all in a mucking fuddle as they say but hopefully it'll get better,

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Don't feel bad hun, hopefully you'll feel better soon.
I am planning to leave Oscar with his Nanna today for 2 hrs to watch the match. No need to feel guilty, I don't, his Nanna loves him and family is important. Be kind to yourself, you are healing too...

The fact that you concerned shows what a good mum you really are :hugs:

For me its when Oliver is asleep in my arms and i just stare at him sleepin and think he is the most beautiful thing in the world, when he cries and someone else tries to comfort him and i think hey he's my son, i comfort him thankyou v much! lol. When he smiles at me and makes my heart melt and think i must be the most lucky person alive. I worry about everything..has he eaten enough?too much? is he too cold/hot? Wil this make him poorly? etc. And i know hes bonded with me cus when he cries i am the only one who can calm him. It sounds to me like you've already bonded with ur bubs hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->