Boo for a middle name?

MNORBURY

Reaction score
What do you think?

Our little girl is a week old today and still has no name, however I was talking to a lady today who's daughter is called Maisie boo and I absolutely fell in love with boo as a middle name but not sure if its too much or silly.

We still have no first name but if we have a middle name we might get a step closer! Her are some of the names we are considering with boo tagged on.

Lyla boo
Ella boo
Darcey boo
Eliza boo
Emilie boo

We wanted to use this if our first was a girl as we referred to the baby as boo during the pregnancy..We then decided that we wouldnt and we would just use it as a nickname, just incase the baby grew up to hate it or it caused problems in school..I do think its really really cute though..I love Emilie Boo :)

Aw Maisie Boo sounds cute, I think you should consider Maisie too :D I didn't like Boo with your names sorry :blush:

not being rude as it sucks to say bad things about others choices but you are aware your child will grow up and be an adult one day right

do you think she want to stand as a 20 something on the happiest day of her life in front of friends and family and say 'I, Maisie boo, take you ......., to be my lawfully wedded husband' also how will employers judge her on a CV (bare in mind there is a quickly growing lack of jobs in this world)

honey boo boo is all I can think (and at least that's only a nickname)

Like Boo.. as in Boo I'm a ghost kind of Boo? I feel bad saying this also.. but I am just not feeling it. Sorry.

not being rude as it sucks to say bad things about others choices but you are aware your child will grow up and be an adult one day right

do you think she want to stand as a 20 something on the happiest day of her life in front of friends and family and say 'I, Maisie boo, take you ......., to be my lawfully wedded husband' also how will employers judge her on a CV (bare in mind there is a quickly growing lack of jobs in this world)

What is this nonsense??

When I got married, I said 'I, Brittany (Last Name), take you' - my middle name didn't come into play at all.

My resume/CV says Brittany LastName, again, my middle name has nothing to do with it.

OP - I think you should use Boo for a middle name. It is adorable and if you're struggling with names to begin with and find one you enjoy - USE IT!! Middle names aren't really important - a lot of people don't even HAVE middle names. I think if you want to have some fun, do it with the middle name. I personally wouldn't give my child the first name of Boo, because yeah, they will grow up and will need to be able to face an employer, etc with a straight face. However, I think middle names are meant to have meaning and if you called baby Boo while you were pregnant, then it sounds like a damn good middle name to me.

PS - I really like Ella Boo!

I'm sorry to say but I agree with JJKCB. Boo is cute for a tiny wee girl but will become embarrassing for her very quickly. Imagine the other kids in primary (or high school!!) finding out. Legally, if it's on the birth certificate, she'd have to sign it on official documents. It's a cute nickname but I'd keep it as that. You can still call her it. No-one will see the birth certificate anyway but at least that way it's not going to haunt her for the rest of her adult life. Or how about a different B- name that can be shortened to Boo? Like Beatrix, Bettina or Bella?

I agree with JJKCB. I think it's giving your child a disadvantage unless they choose to eliminate their own middle name from documents, which would render it a bit pointless. Nickname for her while she's a baby perhaps?

I either think of King Boo from Mario or corny hiphop tunes from the late 90s. Totally bluntly, it sounds like a joke name.

I think cute on a child but again on an adult may be a bit tougher, but if you like it then go for it! IIts not the most different I've heard:)

What is this nonsense??

When I got married, I said 'I, Brittany (Last Name), take you' - my middle name didn't come into play at all.

My resume/CV says Brittany LastName, again, my middle name has nothing to do with it.

OP - I think you should use Boo for a middle name. It is adorable and if you're struggling with names to begin with and find one you enjoy - USE IT!! Middle names aren't really important - a lot of people don't even HAVE middle names. I think if you want to have some fun, do it with the middle name. I personally wouldn't give my child the first name of Boo, because yeah, they will grow up and will need to be able to face an employer, etc with a straight face. However, I think middle names are meant to have meaning and if you called baby Boo while you were pregnant, then it sounds like a damn good middle name to me.

PS - I really like Ella Boo!

every wedding ive seen you have to, a wedding is a legal contract, legal contracts require a full name :wacko:

Personally I wouldn't use it, but I do know an old school friend who called her daughter Honey Boo :shrug:. How about using Bo instead?? I LOVE the sound of Ella Bo :flower:

as suggested there are many nice names with bo in them that could be nicknamed, like:

Bo
Bobbi or Bobbie
Bonita
Bonnie or Bonny (is irish for 'beautiful' or 'pretty' still very cute for a little girl but less embarrassing as they grow)
Deborah
Ebony (another one that's beautiful for a young girl but ages nice)

or some names with the double o, like:

Brook or Brooke
Brooklyn

I think all would go lovely with at least one or more of your chosen first names :)

Documents aside, I have never heard a person saying their full names during their wedding.

I think people are making too much of a big deal out of it. It's a middle name, they hardly affect your day to day life.

Documents aside, I have never heard a person saying their full names during their wedding.

I think people are making too much of a big deal out of it. It's a middle name, they hardly affect your day to day life.

you country must be bizarre then because all weddings over here do, as do graduations, exams, your id which you have to carry for most thing from buying hairspray to alcohol to going out on a night etc until your 25 at least (unless you look old) and many more things... if on anything offical

can you imagine a just legal girl trying to go to a club with friends and her id that says honey boo (because that doesn't sound incredibly fake) she will be laughed at by the door and turned away

most people dont pay much attention as basically every girl my age middle name is Louise (for some weird reason lol) but people will definitely notice a really odd middle name

also as mentioned before think of the bullying in school

your full name will follow you everywhere might as well pick a sensible one, the nickname boo for a little girl is cute but doesn't need to be imposed as an offical thing

Your middle name follows you everyway, on the school register, all my exam certificates from school are Laura Charlotte, my CRB check for work, when registering LO they needed my full name and when you get married in the UK you certainly have to stand up and say your full name. When i was a witness in court they wanted and used my full name. In my year at secondry school there were two boys both called David Cooper. They had to say their middle names so they knew which one they were talking to.

OP to me Boo is not a name, its something you shout when trying to surprise some one. By all means have it as a nick name but think about when your child is an adult.

Yes, Canada is just SO bizarre.

Unless you advertise your middle name in school here, nobody knows it.

I guess it depends on country but here, a middle name really isn't that big of a deal. Some people don't even put them on their passports.

Yes, Canada is just SO bizarre.

Unless you advertise your middle name in school here, nobody knows it.

I guess it depends on country but here, a middle name really isn't that big of a deal. Some people don't even put them on their passports.

surely that's a massive security breach, if I was a passport checking agent I wouldn't let anyone into the country whose documents dont match up :dohh: if your going to lie or miss out parts of the name why not just completely make up a new one at the same time

also whats the point of having one then if no one ever knows it :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->