boob question

Shri

Reaction score
So do the massive areola's stay massive and stay darker until you are done breast feeding or do they shrink and go back to pink once you start breast feeding?
:hissy:

Mine are like 2 dinner plates on my chest. Sorry had to share that

woops got carried away there and forgot to answer the question. I have been told they do stay rather large and dark while feeding

I think mine will surely be bigger than the baby's face!

Shri - don't even talk to me about dark areolas!!!! I'm black but the bits that never see the sun are quite pale APART from my new black dinner plates!!!!!

I'm fed up with my husband's weekly report on them! I know they're getting bigger dammit!

lol i can see mine thru my jamas if i dont have a bra on they're that dark. and i had huge ones before anyway, i'm sure they're gona outgrow my boobs!!

Mine are dark and shockingly huge dinner plates too! I thought I was the only one.

Glad to know you girls are sharing in my pain. :rofl:

For someone who takes ages to tan, I am very annoyed that my areola's cant share some of that color with the rest of me, because if they did, there is enough darkness there to give me a really nice all over tropical dark tan. honestly they are practically black. Show through almost everything light colored.

What worries me is that I read you are supposed to try to get as much of the areola into the baby's mouth with the nipple when breastfeeding. WTF? He would have to have a mouth bigger than my OH's.

It's a bit scary. I don't like to look at mine - I hope LO won't be scared of them!!!!

What worries me is that I read you are supposed to try to get as much of the areola into the baby's mouth with the nipple when breastfeeding. WTF? He would have to have a mouth bigger than my OH's.
It's a bit scary. I don't like to look at mine - I hope LO won't be scared of them!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It was only earlier i thinking to myself, why are they darker anyway, i mean theres no explanation i can think of.
But i was also thinking why do we have colour in our eyes and why do we all have different coloured hair, then i came to the conclusion that i think wayyyy to much.

I'm pretty sure they stay dark? I think I heard that on Oprah with Dr. Oz or something, lol. I don't know where I heard it...BUT I HEARD IT. :D

Mine have only just in the past few days started to darken and just around the edges - they've gone the colour of freckles. I think some of the pigment may stay as I remember conversations about boobs on TV and being able to say who had or hadn't had children! But as the amount of pigment that comes in varies I imagine how much stays probably does too. I hope they shrink a bit though... I love it when things are described as dinner plates though, it's my favourite simile!

Oh and I don't think there is an explanation for why we get it. I mean, I don't think there is a function to the pigment but as with other funny pigment spots I think it's just a response to the hormones.

I got told that they go darker so that it is like a target for baby :lol: It sounds so funny but i guess if they are so much different to your skin then they are like that. Somehow mine havent changed that much...yet :shrug:

Am I the only one that boobs doesn't get bigger? :hissy:

My band size got bigger but not the cup size.

I heard from my mom and sister that the nipples stay darker. :cry:

I got told that they go darker so that it is like a target for baby :lol: It sounds so funny but i guess if they are so much different to your skin then they are like that. Somehow mine havent changed that much...yet :shrug:

If that's the case, then let's hope my baby has excellent eyesight because I think my areolas have actually gotten paler.

It was only earlier i thinking to myself, why are they darker anyway, i mean theres no explanation i can think of.
But i was also thinking why do we have colour in our eyes and why do we all have different coloured hair, then i came to the conclusion that i think wayyyy to much.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

i'm pretty sure i've heard too that you can tell who's had babies cos of the darker nipples too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->