Booked a 7wk private scan.

Mummy.kt

Reaction score
Decided to book a scan couldn't wait until 12wks. Booked though Thisismy in Leeds. So will have my first mw booking in appointment at 7 1/2wks then the scan the following day. Nervous!

That's so exciting I'm going to do a private scan at 14weeks to find out the gender I'm so excited can't wait

Yup, that is what I did. I found out at 5 weeks; this is my first baby in FIFTEEN years, there was no way in hell I was going to wait 6 more weeks. I am very happy with my decision, in fact I went back for a gender scan and will be going back in my 3rd tri for 3d pics. Have fun!!

i waited until 14 weeks to book a private scan and even then im glad i went because baby had so much going on with her growth and movements, we got 4d and 2d live images of her to keep! its such a great experience. if i could have i would have waited longer just so we could have seen baby even more after she developed, but at least i got to go back for more pictures at 17 weeks!

Im thinking of booking one too, because my anxiety is going through the roof!! Going to try and book around 9 weeks. x

I booked one too on 2nd February the day I'll be 8weeks �� had one with last pregnancy and found it really reassuring x

Enjoy your scan!! I went for one at exactly 7 weeks and got to see Baby and Baby's heartbeat. Made me sooo happy.

Thanks for your replies :) I wasn't this anxious with my 1st, I suppose because it was all new and I didn't know what to expect where as with this bean I do and I get impatient lol x

I had a mmc with my last preg after seeing a strong HB at 9 wks so I decided this time I would wait til 12wks. But I'm losing my resolve already! I chose the birthing center route and they don't do scans in the office. I wonder if at my booking in appt at 8wks I could ask to be sent somewhere else for a scan? I see you mentioned a midwife so I didn't know if you were in the same situation?

Sorry don't mean to hijack your thread hun. I did the traditional obgyn route last time and they just automatically did a scan at my book in appt but I didn't have a good experience with them which is why I chose midwife route this time but not sure how the scans work with them xx

I'm having my private scan at thisismy in leeds as wel!!! On the 27th jan, when I'll be 7+2.
Yay!

I had a mmc with my last preg after seeing a strong HB at 9 wks so I decided this time I would wait til 12wks. But I'm losing my resolve already! I chose the birthing center route and they don't do scans in the office. I wonder if at my booking in appt at 8wks I could ask to be sent somewhere else for a scan? I see you mentioned a midwife so I didn't know if you were in the same situation?

Sorry don't mean to hijack your thread hun. I did the traditional obgyn route last time and they just automatically did a scan at my book in appt but I didn't have a good experience with them which is why I chose midwife route this time but not sure how the scans work with them xx

Hi, didn't realise I hadn't replied!
I'm not sure Hun, last time I had a midwife and gave birth in hospital. This time I haven't met my mw yet, I am having my appointment next Friday :happydance: it feels like it's been ages! I am not able to give birth in a centre as I tore really bad last time and they said I would need a normal hospital birth. Unless because it's been 6yrs I maybe ok I'm not sure till I speak to her x

Good luck!! I had a early epu scan at 6 weeks and all was ok - I have my next 12th Feb which is the Dating scan - Count down Starts!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->