Booked a private scan for tomorrow at 9 weeks

SarandrewBean

Mammy to Halle <3
Reaction score
I may sound really silly, because I've already had two scans one being at 4-5 weeks and the other being at 7 weeks and 3 days. But just have this really bad feeling and with the 12 week scan (don't know exactly when as haven't had a date yet) being at least another 3-4 weeks away, I'm feeling so negative.

I think the thing is, is that the 2nd miscarriage happened early on at 5 weeks and therefore once I passed the 5 week mark in this pregnancy I felt 'safe'. My first pregnancy however happened after I passed the 9 week stage (around 9 - 10 weeks) so now I'm panicking as I feel like until I'm 12 weeks this pregnancy means nothing to anyone, the DR's, midwives etc don't want to know until I've passed that stage which I do understand it probably does cost a lot to visit and get to know all these women who get pregnant for some to then miscarry but it would be nice to know that what I'm going through is NORMAL!

I've lost all my symptoms, which is what happened with my first pregnancy, my birthday is on the 2nd of September and so I've decided to pay for a private scan as a sort of 'birthday present' for myself, because otherwise I'm going to feel shit on my birthday with worry! Although still really nervous about this scan tomorrow too, what if there's no heartbeat, I physically and emotionally don't think I could go through another miscarriage especially as my first miscarriage was terrible due to me passing the baby and actually seeing it in my hand, it's the most horrific thing I've ever experienced and knowing the chances of then going on to have a healthy 9 month pregnancy after 3 miscarriages in a row are so low, I'd completely lose hope! :(

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-journals/1667655-flapjacks-pregnancy-journal.html

This is flapjack's journal. I'm sure she won't mind you reading. She went on and had a healthy baby girl after 3 miscarriages in a row. Might give you some positive hope :)

I'm so sorry about your losses and hope you find some reassurance from your scan! <3

Hope the scan goes well...iv had 2 previous mc's and understand how stressful things be...goodluck hun xx

FX for your scan tomorrow ;)

I havent been able to find a private scan close to me yet haha I have tried. I am nervous after losses as well even though I have already had 2 ultrasounds.

Good luck! I dont blame you at all, id certainly pay for a pvt scan too. I lost a baby on my sons birthday 8 weeks ago..im currently supposedly 7 weeks preg and have a scan Tues, even if i see a hb im gonna beg for another scan or something at 9 weeks..the wait is killer.

Good luck for today! Let us know how you get on :) x x x

I had a private scan at 9 weeks and it was truly amazing. See baby moving around & all sorts! I too like you had suffered 2 MCs & had already had 2 scans. But I couldn't wait the 5 weeks for my 12 week scan.

Best decision I ever made, it totally relaxed me & was amazing! & Im now 24 weeks pregnant and approaching 3rd trimester!

Positive thoughts, good luck & enjoy the scan :) xx

Oh hun, I feel your anxiety and pain :hugs:

I've two miscarriages also, I have been absolutely petrified during this pregnancy. Same as you I got to about 10 weeks and my morning sickness went and I didnt feel pregnant at all. I have even forgotten once or twice just because I had no symptoms. Today we had our 12 week scan and everything is going well, we have an active little bean. Still I dont feel pregnant amd still have bad thoughts.

What I am trying to say is do not give up hope, there are possibilities for everything, in my case it is true. Good luck with your scan.

We too are paying for a private scan at 9 weeks for our wedding anniversary, all we want to know is if baby is ok so we can enjoy it a but more so totally with it for us.

Hope it went well today!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->