• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

booking appoint different for second babies?

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
Hi,

I know I'm not going to see as much of the midwife this time around but I was wondering if there is any difference in your booking appointment for a second baby? is it shorter?

I found it quicker as I'd been through it all before, still all questions, height weight, Bo, bloods and urine.xx

Mine get longer each time. Each time there's more obstetric history to go through

Slightly longer for me - as Celesse said you have to go through history from previous pregnancies/births. maybe it doesn't take so long if all straight forward but I had a useful chat about some issues (physical and emotional) and have been referred for a more detailed discussion with a pregnancy support midwife. I know we're not meant to have as many appointments 2nd time round but so far I haven't noticed any difference!

Mine took about 45 mins to an hour. It was good actually because I was able to ask some questions about my daughter's birth and I asked a lot of questions about my opinions for this baby.

I found I got a lot more out of the booking appointment this time because I knew the right questions to ask.

Mine was about the same, some answers seemed quicker than last time but then some took longer. It didn't feel as exciting as it did last time though sadly

Mine was around the same aswell maybe a little longer as I had to go through Lily's birth and pregnancy etc.

Much the same, the didn't need to explain as much but did need to discuss past losses and pregnancies

Mine was about the same length appointment as first time round. The only difference was telling her about my daughters birth and being referred to consultant care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->