Booking in appointment

leash27

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Ladies,

I have called my GP Surgery this morning to arrange an appointment to see the MW. They have asked me to come in tomorrow morning, is that a little too soon? I was expecting them to offer me an appointment in a few weeks as I am still so early on.

I can't recall exactly when I first saw the MW when I was pregnant with Max, I think it as around 6 weeks but it was my first pregnancy and I think they like to see you more often first time round don't they?

X

Mine was at 8 weeks. Did you tell them it was for a booking in appointment? And did you tell them how far along you are? I pretty much rang them with the calendar and told them which week I needed to go.

I haven't even sorted mine yet. Everytime I ring, midwife isn't even there!

My booking in appointment isn't until my 12 week scan next week. They do it at the same time here so other then when I had a bleed at 7 wk and needed to go for an early scan I wouldn't of been seeing the midwife till week 12. I just think everywhere is different and maybe they just wanna see you soon to make sure your taking folic acid and such. Congrats btw :)

Mines at 9 weeks. I was told when booking it that they don't see u before 8 weeks x

Mine was 7 weeks 3 days. I thought that was early!

They booked me in for this Thursday even though I'll only be 5 +2 so they probably all do it differently depending on region. It can take aaaaaaggges to get a scan booked in here as local hospital is half hour away and covers a massive area. Just go with what they say :)

I only spoke to the Receptionist and explained how far along etc and she said "well the MW is in tomorrow so I will book you in then". I was at a different surgery when I had my first LO so perhaps they do just do it differently where I am.

I expect I will still have to go back at 8 weeks too then?

X

I had mine at 4+5 weeks...my doctor does an appointment to confirm pregnancy with a pee test and then I go back around 8 weeks for my first prenatal appointment and to book scans and all that.

tbh i dont really think it matters how far along u r, they just do ur weight and bmi and stuff, i told my midwife i had heavy bones and her reply was ;its not just bones is it; cheeeeeky cow haha then she went on to ask me my cup size!i was like ermmmmm why haha i think shes a lesbinum

mines tomorrow, I'll be 9+3. Ive never had one earlier than 8 weeks with any of mine. Congratulations BTW x

With #1 I didn't get seen until I was 8 weeks, which they thought I was closer to 10 weeks, but I have irregular cycles. When I called, she booked me 5 weeks out. With #2 I called as soon as I got my BFP and they had an appt. for me 3.5 weeks later! My first appt. was at 6w4d. I think it just all depends when they have an opening and how heavy their schedules are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->