Booking in Apt - please read!

sunshine03

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi,

So I'm 6wks pregnant and I have just phoned the doctors to arrange my booking in apt with the midwife and the earliest they can offer is 17th Jan - this would make me 11+5wks at this point. I'm guessing my scan will be a few weeks after that so I'll be nearly 15wks by the time I have the scan.

Has anyone else experienced this - does it matter that I won't have a booking apt until nearly 12wks?! Xx

They should make sure you have your scan around 12 weeks, hopefully they will book it there and then for you, why don't you call them back and tell them your concerns, see what they say?
I've got my booking in appointment next week at 7+1 but they tend to get me in a bit earlier due to hypothyroid.

I will be 10+2 at my booking in. This is later than I expected as my last pregnancy was booked in a 8weeks. I too am a little worried about them getting the scan arranged in time as I was told the downs screening had to take place by 13 weeks. (I could be wrong).

As someone else said I would definately call the doctors and explain your concern and also ask them the procedure for booking in the scan.

My midwife lost my scan paperwork the first time I was pregnant and at 11+weeks I ended up calling the hospital to book it myself. I was booked in 3 days later.

Good luck

I asked if I could go to another survey but they only do book ins at my surgery and not any others within the group!! I will ring back next week I think and check for cancellations/express concerns. It's my 2nd pregnancy so I'm not as worried as i would have been with my first so it doesn't bother me too much but my stomach is bloating already - I was showing before 12wks last time so I'm sure it will be earlier this week but I don't really want to tell anyone until after I have had my scan.
The receptionist did say if they couldn't get me in any sooner when I called back then she would see if the midwife could call me to have a chat - I could ask her then if she could go ahead and arrange the 12 week scan anyway. X

I would go back and check :) I am quite luck I am getting my booking appointment next week @ when I am 6+6 which is the earliest i've had it but I think its because when I am 8 weeks its christmas week xx

I think I'm about 6 weeks too and I'm still waiting to see when I can have my booking in appointment. This is my 2nd pregnancy. With my first I had a dating scan (Ended up being my anomaly scan!!) before I had booking in appointment. I'm sure they will still arrange your scan for around the same time.

Yes if your Trust offers NT testing as part of the dating scan it must be done by 13+6 so defo see if you can talk to MW on th e phone so she can book your scan x

I'll be 8+3 at my booking appointment... I'd definitely call them and ask how it works when they're not seeing you until later on x

I don't get a booking appt. I rang when I found out I was pregnant at 6 weeks, had to go and fill in a form, they gave me a pack which told me to ring for a scan appt (I have at just over 11 weeks) and said the midwife will give me a ring at approx 16 weeks! X

My mine the 12 week scan before they do your booking appointment. As long as they know your pregnant it will probably be fine. I've been having a lot of scans under EPAU and my LMP is "difficult" so I ended up booking my own NT appointment by phoning the antenatal appointments office and sweet talking a nice lady.

If you want the nuchal translucency test for downs measured, it has to be done before 14 weeks. Don't worry too much though, with my first pregnancy I was 10+5 with my booking appointment and then 12+4 for my scan (they then put me forward to 13 weeks as a result of the scan). I'll be 12 weeks on the 27th of December, and my midwife said my scan will probably be in the first week of January, when I will be at least 13 weeks xx

So I rung the doctors on Monday and they said they would arrange for Midwife to call me on Wednesday. I have now managed to get a book in apt with an overflow clinic at one of our local childrens centres so I'm happy with that - I'll be 8+1. With my son we didn't have the NT scan and we are not thus time but there is no way I can hide this pregnancy until nearly 15wks - I can't do my trousers up already!!!

At least it's all sorted now sunshine. I've just had a call this morning cancelling my booking apt for today as she had been on call all night and had to go to bed.
I'm 8+4. I can't see it getting done now until NY when I'll be around 10-11weeks.
Like you say, it's getting hard to keep a secret as my work trousers are so tight...and I keep wretching, uhhhhh

Phone your ultrasound dept and ask them perhaps? I had to book my own nt scan with Sidney as my booking appt was very late too.

I think it all depends on your local area and hospital, they messed up my referral for my booking in appointment and I only had it last week at 10+3 and then they gave me the number to ring to book my scan. My local ultrasound dept would not book my scan til they got my letter through following my booking in appointment so I've only just managed to book my scan, however they still are managing to see me fairly soon on dec 30th when I'll be 12+5.

I was thinking of this too, my booking in appointment isnt until the 9th of january so that'd make me 11 weeks! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->