BOOTS Digital tests?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Tests' started by brillbride, Dec 20, 2009.

1. brillbride

brillbride Well-Known Member

hi
    i took one of these today and got a not pregnant however my AF is late and i have loads of symptoms....A faint line came up on the test alongside the control line? does anyone know what this means?

2. hayzeb

hayzeb Unexpectedly Expecting!

It doesn't mean anything, it's explained well here https://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/digitalsecret.html

Digital tests do not work in the same way as standard test and there is almost always a line on those because they are also picking up lh hormone and that's in the body to varying degrees all through your cycle.

I did a bit of research on digitals when I used one of these and opened it up and saw lines on a cycle that I deffo wasn't pregnant.

Fingers crossed for you.

3. KittyKatBabe

KittyKatBabe Pruod Mummy to Zara Jane

I agree with Hayzeb, you shouldn't read these in the same way you read non digital tests. Maybe wait another couple of days and test again if no AF, good luck hun x

4. debbie2911

debbie2911 Well-Known Member

hello again! you still have no af you should test again in the morning :D i was due same day as you but all iv had is 2 days of very dark brown but was very light, so i tested again this morning and neg on a FR test hopefully you will get your BFP tomorrow xx

5. brillbride

hi hazeybe. kittykat and debbie--hope you are all well and thanks for the replies girls..........here goes

my AF was due sat/ sun so I was horrified not to get any lines the past few days (except evaps!!) and still no AF.... so took my temp this morning and noticed a dip in it so I knew that wasnt good followed by negative tests and a sore stomach..then around 11am i got my AF so thats poor me out this month:( but at least i can have a few drinks over Christmas.....

this was my first month trying after a miscarriage (d&C) and on my peak ovulation days I had a kidney infection/ cystitus -- so we couldnt try on those days but i tried to have hope that maybe i might still be pregnant and I thought i had loads of pregnancy symptoms (obviously in my head)

aw well---im going to give it my best shot this month and definitely will be trying on the peak ovulation days:)

good luck to you all and happy Christmas

I definitely will not be looking at those lines on digitals again!

6. debbie2911

debbie2911 Well-Known Member

well now you no so you can do it all again this month :D plus a drink bonus.
    hope you have a lovely xmas to xx

7. brillbride

hopefully next month will be good for us!! the two of us can relax over Christmas anyhows!! talk soon:)xxo

8. hayzeb

hayzeb Unexpectedly Expecting!

Aww hun so sorry to hear about your loss :cry: and your kidney infection, I have had a few kidney infections and they are awful. I love your positive attitude for next year.
    Have a good Christmas and enjoy your Crimbo drinks. Fingers crossed next month is yours!

9. Mrs.Mc1985

Mrs.Mc1985 35 weeks down!

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....not sure.

Hope you get what you want though :)

10. brillbride

Thanks Hazeybe and Mrs<c1985...xxx

11. Pretty Sakura

Pretty Sakura Well-Known Member

Hope you get your :bfp: very soon!!! Sorry the evil :witch: got you!! :hugs: