Born in 1974...

Shellvz

Reaction score
Hi - looking for women born in 1974 who are ttc for first pregnancy.

It would be great to be on this journey together :)

Im a 1974 baby........my birthday in 9 days on the 19th May.......also TTC for #1

And also a fellow Aussie I see :)

Thanks for replying...

Hey ladies,

I am also a 1974 child and an Aussie:)

I've just joined the site because we've been TTC since last month and discovered today that we've had no joy in month 1. Boo. It would be great to share the journey with you. It's starting to become a big part of our lives but you can't really talk about it like you can with other life journeys.

I've also been reading loads of online stuff about over 35s and it can get depressing but its great reading about real women and their experiences. Plus everyone seems so supportive here.

Are you doing anything fancy to help? I've git an ovulation calendar app on my phone and am taking pre-pregnancy vitamins. I was pondering a trip to the GP for a check up and some advice too but haven't got around to it yet.

Sending you all lots of baby dust!

Hi Shanoa,

Sorry for your disappointment - I know that feeling. I agree that much of what you read online about conceiving late 30's can be overwhelming.

I was using an iPhone app to pinpoint fertile days and no luck. Began temping every morning, using opk's after work from day 10 and discovered my actual ovulation time was different to iPhone app. So I was always missing the window before...

I am taking Elevit & primrose oil + fish oil for first half then switch to flaxseed oil once ovulated. It helps increase good cm. and it does! I have never had so much cm...

My husband has started taking Menevit. We have preseed but haven't used it yet. We are trying something different each cycle.

Now I am 7dpo and having lots of symptoms but I promised myself after last months disappointment not to believe I am pregnant till confirmed by preg test.

Hard to wait... Too early to test :(

#symptoms: cramping, nausea, sore boobs, runny nose, itchy legs, heartburn, very gassy, smells & tastes strong, high temp, tired

Hey Shellvz,

Thanks for your sweet words. We are going to try super-regular BD approach next month! ( I hope I've got the acronym right... I have to keep looking them up!)

I'm going to google your suggestions if you're getting some good results. I've taken evening primrose oil in the past but it was for period pain. I didn't know if was useful for TTC. Thanks for the recommendations:)

Your symptoms sound really promising, Shellvz! I know what you mean about not wanting to get your hopes up. I started to get excited last month when I started to get slight nausea but it only lasted a few days and then disappeared. Then next day I could feel AF coming:(

But you have quite a lot of signs... when will you test? I'm going to keep all of my fingers and toes crossed for you. Please keep us posted!

Great to see some Aussies on here!!!

So, I will be 38 next weekend (19th May) and last night got my BFP at 11dpo and got 2 x BFP this morning at 12dpo so pretty sure this is it!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY..........we are so frickin excited!!!!

So our story is, married since November, been trying for a baby since November after honeymoon so around 6 months.

I had to idea what to do........honestly clueless on the ins and outs of pregnancy at the start.

Thought I ovulated on do 14 because that is what the text books tell you, but even though I have a 28 day cycle, I ovulate on day 16....

So, best things I did:

Buy a OPK, a good one, like the Clearblue Ovulation Kit with the smiley face, that way you will know when you ovulate.

Chart your temperature each morning, you will notice patterns and trends that will tell a story each time.

If you suffer from not having any eggwhite CM like me, buy Conceive Plus. Used it for the second month, and bingo pregnant.

Make sure you take your Eleivit because of our age, had husband on Menevit also.

And dont stress too much if you dont have any symptoms, apart from the cramping, I dont have any of the normal symptoms, my boobs are only a little sore........but the cramps feel different that PMS cramps and I had a hugh implanatation dip at 8dpo.

Keep positive.

Good luck to you all and baby dust to you all xxxxx

Congratulations Taurus :) That is so exciting for you both!!!

I too was very naive when it came to getting pregnant - I used to this us so clever when we didn't fall pregnant at the start... until we started trying and not succeeding.

I found that Primrose oil plus fish oil and then flaxeed oil increased and improves CM dramatically too.

Another Aussie here born in 1974 but TTC No. 2 so kind of gate crashing but couldn't resist.

We have only just started TTC this month. I got pregnant very quickly twice before (one miscarriage and my lovely daughter) so I'm probably a bit over confident this time around. Assuming we manage to BD at least every other night for the next few nights I'm going to be VERY disappointed if nothing comes of it.

I used the Clearblue fertility monitor and softcups the last two times. I will be using softcups this month and the monitor next month (we only decided to start trying a few days ago so I missed the opportunity to use it this month).

Congratulation Taurus!!! And good luck to everyone else. I have my fingers crossed for you all.

Welcome Bingo :)

Perhaps I should change the criteria to Aussies born in 1974 trying to conceive ;)

You are most welcome and all the best with ttc :)

Shellvz: my fingers are crossed for you! Sending lots of :dust: and wishes for a sticky bean!

Hi everyone,

Am new to this forum (and forums in general!), but am Aussie and born in 1974 so I should fit right in!

Married only one month ago, TTC since Feb, had a weird possible miscarriage in March.

Am not using OPK or temping yet (so much to learn!), relying on ewcm and ovulation pain to tell me when I have ovulated (iffy, I know). And as newly weds there is plenty of BDing...

So now I am probably 11dpo. Since about 3-4dpo have had cramping, started on the right, moved to the left, then to the middle, not every day but most days. Painful at times. No spotting. Also my nipples (sorry, tmi) have been SO unbelievably sore. My breasts are not sore to touch at all, but my nipples have just ached for a couple of days. This has not happened before, ever.

Anyway, so BFN yesterday 10dpo. I am not in Australia right now so not sure of the reliability of the HPT.

I will try again tomorrow morning I think. AF was due today (do I have a really short time between O and AF?), am not always completely regular.

Good luck to everyone and congratulations to you Taurus!

Hi girls - same age here! Wondered why you were taking flax seed oil only in second half of your cycle as its something I take every day (in seed form).
Ive frounf EPO works a treat.
baby dust to you all :)

Hello and welcome Kismet, MdmB & Kasgreenbean :)

It is good to have you onboard - this is a journey with many hopes, fears & unknowns. Good to have friends who understand what it feels like!

I don't think we are too old yet (37-39) is still possible for many women to conceive. It seems to be a lot about timing and being healthy from what I have read.

Might be too early to test MdmB still. Let us know how you go... Sounds promising though :)

I switch between primrose oil to flaxseed oil because you can't take primrose oil after ovulation but it helps improve ewcm before ovulation.

Happy mothers day and 'potential mothers' day to all ladies :)

Hi everyone,

Am new to this forum (and forums in general!), but am Aussie and born in 1974 so I should fit right in!

Married only one month ago, TTC since Feb, had a weird possible miscarriage in March.

Am not using OPK or temping yet (so much to learn!), relying on ewcm and ovulation pain to tell me when I have ovulated (iffy, I know). And as newly weds there is plenty of BDing...

So now I am probably 11dpo. Since about 3-4dpo have had cramping, started on the right, moved to the left, then to the middle, not every day but most days. Painful at times. No spotting. Also my nipples (sorry, tmi) have been SO unbelievably sore. My breasts are not sore to touch at all, but my nipples have just ached for a couple of days. This has not happened before, ever.

Anyway, so BFN yesterday 10dpo. I am not in Australia right now so not sure of the reliability of the HPT.

I will try again tomorrow morning I think. AF was due today (do I have a really short time between O and AF?), am not always completely regular.

Good luck to everyone and congratulations to you Taurus!

Is af due on 11dpo? That does seem short but we are all different. I am 14 days on average.

Not from Australia, but from 1974!

I wish I had some good news, but so far no luck at all. We have tried for 30 cycles with no BFP at all, and doctors still don't have a reason why despite all kinds of tests. It's not looking good for us. :nope:

We thought perhaps it is a (total) lack of cervical mucus, but that is quite inconclusive. Plenty more details in another thread in this forum (click my name to find it).

In any case... best of luck to the "class of '74"!

Thanks Shellvz. It's good to find so many women on the same journey!

BFN again today, 11 or 12dpo (not 100% sure). Hopefully still too early. My cycle can range from 26-31 days so even though AF was due yesterday it was probably going to arrive later this week.

PiggieFarmer I am so new to this so I can only imagine going through 30 cycles. Best of luck to you, I am sure your time is near.

Happy mother's day to all!

Piggiefarmer, welcome :)

I can't imagine the journey you have been on so far, ESP when Dr's cannot give you a reason.

I pray that you will become pregnant soon. Don't lose hope. Right egg, right sperm, right time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->