Born in 1974...

And so begins cycle 3...

Funny how you go from day 14dpo to day 1CD instantly once af shows up!

I have to come back and join you all again if that's okay. I started to miscarry Saturday night on my 38th birthday while we were out for tea with everyone. Worst birthday present ever.

Hubby and I are devastated. Trying to stay positive for when we start trying again.

I am so sorry Taurus8484 :(

Words are not enough to express how I felt reading your note. Of course, you are most welcome to join us.

I hope and pray that you and your husband are able to grieve and heal from this loss. Take as much time as you both need.

Your little one is now in Heaven and you will meet him/her one day.

Ugh so sorry to hear about your loss, Taurus.

Such sad news after only just catching up on this board.

I hope you and hubby are OK.

x

I have been exercising regularly for past month (Mon, Tue, Thu & Fri) as I want to get in the best shape I can before BFP and pregnancy.

I am always amazed at how quickly your body improves with exercise and how quickly it declines without it! At my age, my metabolism is no longer a good friend and if I don't burn the calories consumed I do store it for later!

I wonder though - how much exercise is too much? Read so many conflicting articles online - need to be good weight and fitness to conceive and have healthy pregnancy opposed to too much exercise & weight loss/gain messes with ovulation...

I guess as long as I keep charting ovulation I will see if my increased exercise helps or hinders...

Anyone else changed their exercise pattern while ttc?

I have been exercising regularly for past month (Mon, Tue, Thu & Fri) as I want to get in the best shape I can before BFP and pregnancy.

What kind of exercise? The general wisdom is to avoid "vigorous" exercise, i.e. you should not end up panting and sweating heavily after it.

I have been using Kinect 'Active 2' - so it goes for 25-30 mins.

Not as vigourous as in the beginning as my fitness level has increased. I do sweat and pant though...

Well... this morning one of my close friends gave birth to her 4th baby girl. She is 36yrs and conceived naturally for all of them :)

It is never too late and we too shall get our BFP's :)

Congrats to your friend, Shell.

My exercise is all over the place at the moment because we're doing some pretty major diy on the house (we've been sleeping in the dining room since September- ugh). I like to run - its a good stress release and great for being able to eat sweet things without becoming overly big. I've also just started Pilates once a week because I thought some core strength wouldn't go amiss if there ever is a BFP.

I didn't realise intense exercise wasn't great so I think I will still run but maybe keep it in the 70% fat burn zone rather than push it too hard. (I've just discovered heart rate monitor training thanks to an ironman that I work with so I've majorly geeked out on exercise zones).

Have you changed your diet at all? I'm trying to cut down on junk food with varying degrees of success ( virtually no success where chocolate is involved just before AF arrives!)

Taurus, I have been wondering if you are OK a lot loday. Sending you hugs. x

Taurus, I have been wondering if you are OK a lot loday. Sending you hugs. x

Thanks Shanoa. Im actually doing okay. I let myself grieve for a few days, and now have completely changed my mindset. I cant change what happened, I cant bring my baby back, all I can do is stay as positive as I can and try to see the positives out of what happened. I got pregnant!!! I can get pregnant and I will get pregnant again!!! Doesnt mean I dont wish it never happened and I would give anything to be pregnant still, but I cant dwell on it. Not healthy and not good for trying to get pregnant again.

Good to hear from you again Taurus...

Your attitude is commendable and inspirational.

Big hugs!

Truely sage perspective, Taurus. I'm really glad to hear you're doing well.x

It can happen and it will happen. And if positivity, resourcefulness and sheer bloody mindedness has anything to do with it, the 1974 girls are going to own this thing! Hah!

Massive temp rise so I ovulated yesterday CD12.

Today is 1dpo...

Feeling very glad that I am temping and using OPK's otherwise I may have missed this months window - as according to my ovulation chart I should ovulate today or tomorrow. If I had followed that I may have bd'd on the wrong days!

Where are you girls at?

Hopefully should be ovulating on Monday or Tuesday if the miscarriage didnt stuff my cycle up too bad.........

Will be using the OPK so I know for sure though.

Hopefully should be ovulating on Monday or Tuesday if the miscarriage didnt stuff my cycle up too bad.........

Will be using the OPK so I know for sure though.

Temping is also helpful because it shows you that you did ovulate whereas opk only show LH surge. You can have an LH surge and not ovulate...

Thinking of you :hugs:

Temping is also helpful because it shows you that you did ovulate whereas opk only show LH surge. You can have an LH surge and not ovulate...

Is that common? I have been using the ClearBlue monitor for about ten cycles, and only started temping about a week ago just in case.

Is that common? I have been using the ClearBlue monitor for about ten cycles, and only started temping about a week ago just in case.

I am not sure how common it is but definitely possible...

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html#9

Can I get a positive OPK and then not ovulate?

"Yup! It is possible for your body to "gear up" to ovulate, leading to an LH surge-- and then, for some reason (such as stress, illness, travel, or random fluke), your body fails to release an egg. When this happens, your LH surge will dissipate and your cevical mucus (a signal of fertility) will dry up. Once the stress is resolved, your body will try again. This can happen more than once per cycle. Therefore, there is no way to be sure you ovulated, even if you had a positive OPK. OPK's are most accurate when used in conjunction with fertility charting (NFP or FAM.) That way, a positive OPK can be cross-checked with an increase in basal body temperature and/or cervical mucus dry-up."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->