botox for headaches

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
what do you guys think ? I might havin this done, it usually costs £450 but my dads g/f works in a clinic and she can get it heavily dicounted but I will be a model and have some people watching. My dad is gonig to pay for it too! I get headaches quite often, sometimes I cant shift it for a week, so to be headache free for 6 months would be a blessing! Im just scared, I always worry about what could go wrong. what do you think of it ?

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]BOTULINUM TOXIN (BOTOX) ® IN THE TREATMENT OF HEADACHE[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]By Dr. Patrick Bowler[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The benefits of Botulinum Toxin in the management of headache were discovered by accident. Some patients having Botulinum Toxin (Botox®) injections to improve lines and wrinkles reported dramatic reductions in the severity and frequency of headaches.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I have used Botulinum Toxin (Botox®) extensively for cosmetic purposes since 1995 and noted patient’s satisfaction with this double benefit of looking and feeling better. I had one person in particular whose GP phoned me to enquire about the procedure because his patient, who usually needed 1 or 2 home visits each month for pain killing injections to ease her migraine, had not requested a single visit in the previous 12 weeks![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A scientific, medical paper was published in 2000 confirming the safety and efficacy of Botulinum Toxin the prevention of migraine headache. Dr Stephen Silberstein and his team reported the injection of Botulinum Toxin (Botox®) in the forehead muscles was found to be a safe treatment that significantly reduced migraine frequency, migraine severity, and acute medication usage and associated vomiting in approximately 50% of sufferers.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The beneficial effects were observed mainly from1-3 months as has been reported with other migraine treatments. Botulinum Toxin (Botox®) works as a muscle relaxant so it is assumed that contraction of forehead muscles contributes to the migraine triggering process. Further investigations are underway.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Botulinum Toxin (Botox®) is administered by 10-12 injections using an ultra fine needle into the forehead muscles. It only takes a few minutes to perform and it is possible to return rapidly to normal activities. Side effects are local to the site of injection, some blotchiness and occasional bruising. Further injections will be required approximately every 3-6 months.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The use of Botulinum Toxin (Botox®) in the treatment of headache is in the early stages of investigation. However, the initial results are promising and as more people have the treatment its place in the management of headache will become more clearly identified. It is currently an unlicensed procedure.[/FONT][/FONT]

Not something i would consider as things like that can go wrong??

I used forhead ... i get headaches and migrains but im finding more remidies.

If your wanting to do it then its an alternitive but just think about the long term effects if it went wrong!

xxx

iv tried 4head and it works for about 20 minutes which isnt good enough when my headaches last up to a week :-(

the only side effects are blotchyness and bruising where the injections have been put. I will obviously be talking to the doctor before I have it done so I will be asking questions like that to be sure. I have said I will give it a go, as amanda says I have nothing to loose (apart from my headaches :) )

tbh I think its just the word "botox" that puts me off, feel like Im having it done for cosmetic reasons lol, trust me Im not wrinkley just yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->