Bottle feeders - does your LO hold the bottle?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by margarita1979, Oct 11, 2013.

1. margarita1979

margarita1979 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies! Just wondering if your LO is able to feed themselves by holding the bottle. If so, how old is your LO? DS is 11 months and still doesn't hold the bottle. Not sure if he should be holding it by now.

2. LynseyPynsey

LynseyPynsey Well-Known Member

Nope and he has zero interest in trying

3. RaisinKane13

RaisinKane13 Well-Known Member

My daughter is 6 months and she holds her own bottle. She doesn't do it all the time but sometimes. She has a little trouble still and she gets tired. But she is able to do it. :thumbup:

4. BellaBoo0512

BellaBoo0512 Well-Known Member

Thomas has been holding his bottle for the last couple of weeks but needs help from me because he doesn't understand that he needs to tip it up. If I leave him to it then he just ends up sucking air lol. Sometimes he pushes my hands away and wants to do it by himself.

5. seaweed eater

seaweed eater Well-Known Member

We switched from bottles to cups at 11 mo and LO was able to hold them himself with a bit of practice. We'd never tried it with the bottle. :shrug:

6. Saphira

Saphira Well-Known Member

We held dd1's bottle until she moved on to cups (17ish months). She showed interest in holding it much sooner but preferred us to do it for her. Dd2 (8 months) is starting to hold her bottle but often loses grip so I keep my hand on it.

7. mellyboo

mellyboo Well-Known Member

She held her bottle from 8 months on .. shes a year old now and still holds her own bottle she will not let me give her a bottle she has to do it on her own!

8. Peggy O

Peggy O Lily's personal assistant

Lily has a bottle during the day and one at night, if she is awake she does like to hold it....but she drops the larger size, the short fat one she can hold. We have one 5 oz bottle and one 9 oz one (both Tommie Tippie). I think it's just a weight distribution thing. We give her 4 oz from either bottle. She is 9 months old.

9. Feebster1

Feebster1 Well-Known Member

Our lo has just learned to hold her sippy cup but still has zero interest in holding a bottle!!
    I think she just likes the cuddle when she her bottle, i dont mind at all!! Lol.

However my grandaughter held her own bottle from 4 months, they are just all different!
    :flower:

10. Pixie19

Pixie19 Mummy to Logan

We use Tommee Tippee bottles. At 6 months we brought him this sippy cup He used to try holding his bottle and would get frustrated when he dropped it as he was falling to sleep but he could use the sippy cup fine, so we replaced the ring of the bottle with the handles from the sippy cup and he's been able to hold his own bottle (with handles) from 6 months.

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag138/Pixie5912/DSC_0560_zps226db9eb.jpg

https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag138/Pixie5912/DSC_0611_zps0a96682b.jpg

8/9 months he could drink from bottles like this
    https://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag138/Pixie5912/IMG_20130701_183302_zps86e6c802.jpg

11. Midnight_Fairy

Midnight_Fairy New baby J

Nope and id feel sad not feeding her x