Bottle question

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
How many bottles do babies around Decs age take??
HV says he needs at least a pint of follow-on-milk a a day, but he has just dropped another bottle and is now only on 5ozs a a day, he likes some milk before bed!!!
Has anyone stopped the bottle completely yet??
Do you think it would be wise to take him off the formula and just give him extra vits.
Thanks for reading.
Any advice welcome xx

Im not sure about this at all. I thought follow on milk was from 10 months? Maybe not then. I know they still need milk up till a year to top up what they arent getting from solids, just not sure how much, sorry x

Im not sure about this at all. I thought follow on milk was from 10 months? Maybe not then. I know they still need milk up till a year to top up what they arent getting from solids, just not sure how much, sorry x

Cow and gate 3 is from 6 months, I think 4 is from 10 months.

Not sure about follow on. I thought they were still meant to take 20oz of formula / breast milk for a year (incl. what is in their food). Sorry, not sure.

Seems so young to just have one bottle a day :confused:Maybe I'm wrong but Caitlins 7half months and should be taking at least 17-20oz a day and on 4 bottles along side weaning (brekkie, fruit, dinner & snack like carrots sticks,toast).

Sorry as for stoping formula alltogether at this age I'm pretty sure the answer is NO WAY! They can't have cows milk (unless mixed in with food prep) until 1 then they need cows milk in replacement of formula.

HV says if he is refusing formula but enjoying cows milk then I could add vits and iron to the cows milk!!!! I dont know, I dont like my Hv at the best of times but now I am confused dont know what to do.
He has 3 meals a day with snacks in between, like pieces of fruit, baby biscuits and yoghurts, but the milk thing has really got me.
I thought the same as you wobbles no cows milk until after 1 year, OMG I am confused!!!!!!
I am sure you girls have a lot more experience than my HV who has no kids so I am inclined to listen to you.
I have to go think now!!!!!!

Thanks everyone xx

Sabby have you tried adding formula to his meals - coz my HV (who has 3 kids) has advised that the amount added counts towards the 20 oz per day quota.

I add formula to Caitlins brekkie - I didn't at first but since weaning shes not wanting as much so increasing her intake that way as Munchkin said.

I am confused BIG TIME why your HV has said cows milk for your 8half month old. I wouldn't!

hiya sabby :wave:

right I think babies need between 17-20 oz's up to 1 year old, my paediatrician emphasised this to me when Joe (2) refused his formula. He emphasised that I had to get this into him in whatever means I could. In the end I had to syringe feed him. I would offer milk 1st then food. Formula can be added to cheese sauces, weetabix, rice puddings, mash so I would add a few oz's here and there throughout the day.

I wouldnt stop the bottle yet, babies over 1 still need between 10-17 oz's of milk a day still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->