Bottles?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Been out buying bottles today and i'm not really sure how many i need ....

I'm having MAM bottles and have got 6 of the smaller ones, and some diff size teats.

How many of the bigger size bottles do you'll think i need?

How many have you all got so far and what sizes?

we have 4 of the smaller bottles, 6 of the bigger bottles. We usually use 7-8 bottles a day and keep the other two sterilized just in case she wants more at one feeding or if we go out we can throw them in our diaper bag :D

I think I have about 14 bottles all in all... Far rather too many than not enough!!

Various sizes. Some big, some small. Some with those air flow release do-hickys on... Hey its all technical now eh? When I was a bairn it was just 'make a bottle whack it in her gob, jobs a good un' ... lol

i have 6 small ones and will get another 6 larger ones. That was plenty last time round

i got 7 small ones, going to buy 6 large ones nearer the time, x

wow... i have only 3 large, 2 small... seems i best getmy ass into gear tom n buy some more do ya think? x i am so crap

LOL Donna .... seems you can never have too many bottles!!

i have 11 large, tom wa drinking more than the little ones in only a month. I steralise 8 at a time, 5 for a day's feed and a couple for the changing bag.

6 large. I only really use one during the day as I make bottles fresh for her feeds and then they sit by steriliser until all 6 have been used and then put in to be sterilised and I make two bottles at night.

6 bottles

And I don't know about Mam bottles, but we had the Avent baby ones (6), then bought the bigger ones (6 of those too). So we bought 12 in total and spent a fair bit, because we wanted the 'cute' baby bottles, when we could have just bought the 6 big ones.

Sorry if I sound tight lol, but money was tight at the time! Oh, and i've just said all that.. but in all honesty id probably buy the cute ones again anyway.
:happydance:

I only had about 4 smaller bottles as you dont use them for very long (DD was a chubs!) had 6 bigger bottles but i changed them quite often as the steriliser starts to make them appear very dull and old very quickly, so i settled on a set that were well priced so i didn't mind changing them so much. Another thing i did was when Georgia went up to bigger bottles was i still kept a smaller one for her cooled boiled water while she was still little, until she was ready to have her water from a beaker x

it says on my steriliser TT electric, that bottles only stay sterile for 1 hour after sterlisation ???!!!! or has numb brain read it wrong....? doh x

5 small ones and 6 large ones.I use Avent bottles...I'm not sure how long she'll be using the small ones though. :)

it says on my steriliser TT electric, that bottles only stay sterile for 1 hour after sterlisation ???!!!! or has numb brain read it wrong....? doh x

Thats if you leave them in the steriliser.

The idea being you sterilise them, then make feed or 2 part water and powder feed, then seal the bottle to make it stay sterile, if all the bits are left loose in the steriliser after an hour the germa can get abck in through the breath holes.

I have 3 TT bottles for if i'm out, the Avent sterileser came with 1 large and 1 small bottle and i'll probably buy a couple of extra small ones and 4 or 5 large avent ones too.

I can't put more than 1 or 2 of the TT in the avent steriliser at a time because of the size difference but like i said it's only if i'm going out and about and dont want to carry round pre made feeds.

So i'll have
3 large TT bottles
5/6 Large Avent bottles
2/3 small Avent bottles

I've bought Avent bottles.
2 x Airflex wide neck feeding bottles (125ml/4oz) with extra soft newborn teats.
2 x Airflex wide neck feeding bottles (260ml/9oz) with extra soft slow flow teats.
2 x Airflex newborn flow teats.

And I got 2 funky bottles with my steriliser.
2x Lindam Feeding bottle 260ml/9oz

And my OH got the same steriliser for his house. So another 2 funky Lindam bottles. (260ml/9oz)
:) :p

6 large bottles, the Tommy Tippee ones. I used the same kind and amount last time x

I use between 7-8 bottles per day i originally bought 6 and went and bought 2 more as my sterilizer takes 4 bottles so thought it was easier. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->