Boy or Girl? When can you know?

seattlemama

Mommy & Pregnant!!
Reaction score
I am just wondering how soon can you find out the sex of your baby? I know it varies depending on the babies mood that day if it wants to show, but usually how soon?

They do say from around 16-17 weeks here but they like to confirm it at a little later stage ... 20 weeks! :D

I'm going to try to see if I can go without finding out. I'm not sure that I can but the families that come in post delivery for their check up seem to say the surprise makes it that much better.

I found out at my 20wk scan with all 3 of my boys. If I manange to conceive again, I don't think I will find out the sex, I will leave it for delivery.

I had to find out it would have drove me mad lol Plus I think I managed to make a better bonding with her somehow ...

Strangely enough, I have a family friend who's pregnant with twins after a loooong time of trying to conceive. (Mum is 40 now, but better late than never right?) From what I was told, they did some type of testing and told her she was having two males. Then at the 20 week scan they told her it "looked" like one male and one female. Now she's about 30 weeks or so (I think!) and they've told her it looks like two girls! I'm not sure how accurate that was, but it made it hell during the shopping for baby shower. We had to return the items and get different colours! We kept the receipts though...just in case. ;)

I could never not find out! I am too big of a shopper first of all, I want to be able to shop and have his or her room all ready when the baby comes. Also I agree that it helps with bonding, you can start calling the baby by name before its born and it would give you a closeness to the baby I think... I am so anxious to know! I am a hairstylist and one of my clients told me she found out she was having a boy at 15 weeks! Thats why I asked, because I thought that was really early.

i'll be 19+4 when i have my scan next week and i hop they will be able to tell me then!

I had my 20 week scan not to long ago but didn't find out. My OH wants it to be a surprise so we're holding out though I often wonder what I'm having because I'd luv to refer to my lil bub by name even this early. For now their name is "pumpkin" LOL

For those of you that did find out, did you have a sense of what you were having before they told you?

My DH and I have agreed not to find out. It is the last great surprise!

I don't care either way, but my DH doesn't want to find out, so we aren't going to. I'm going to do the nursery very unisex. I'll just have to buy two coming home outfits and after that we'll just go shopping once it's here.

I had my 20 week scan not to long ago but didn't find out. My OH wants it to be a surprise so we're holding out though I often wonder what I'm having because I'd luv to refer to my lil bub by name even this early. For now their name is "pumpkin" LOL

For those of you that did find out, did you have a sense of what you were having before they told you?

--ya i wanted a girl and was hoping for one---but instincts kept saying boy--- but i;m happy with it either way as long as its healthy nothing else matters

--also i waited til 20 weeks but they say u can get a pretty good reading as early as 18 weeks but any earlier than that there's bound to be mistakes --- at 20 weeks the baby is so big already that he/she cant really hide itself cause even if baby isnt really cooperating an experienced ultrasound technician can still run it a certain way to get it--- mine was sort of butt up to get a good shot because he had a tendency to keep his legs up by his head so he was almost completely bent over and kicking around and then there was no doubt that it was a boy---its always easier to detect the boys anyway---

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->