boys name help needed

I love the name Finn, and I love Noah too.
:dance: this is fun!

Love Finn, too!! :happydance:

I always think of a cute little sprite when I think of a kid Finn... and a super cute guy with mysterious eyes and fly away hair when I think of an adult Finn. :mrgreen:

Spencer
Archie
Chester
Dexter
Preston

Nope - not sure I've got any better ones. :rofl:

Finlays good too but the Fins I've known are all really 'waify'

My faves it came up with that do NOT fit your rules were:
Elliot
Edison

In case you are curious how the two families would pronounce vowel names and H names differently:

Western Canadian Accent
"Elliot"
"Edison"

East Coast Accent - an audible "h" (Western: Eh-ch vs Coast: Heh - ch)
"Helliot"
"Hedison"

Western: audible "h"
"Harry"

Eastern: only the vowel
"Air y "

How confused would the child be when one Grandma says "Come here Elliott", and his other grandma says come 'ear Helliot.

Now try ordering an eggs and ham for breakfast :rofl:

Heggs and 'am.

It took me forever to figure out what a "hegg sandwich" was at tim hortons!!

Love Finn, too!! :happydance:

I always think of a cute little sprite when I think of a kid Finn... and a super cute guy with mysterious eyes and fly away hair when I think of an adult Finn. :mrgreen:

Never ever met a Finn. I kind of think of Mr. Dressup's dog Finnegan though.

https://a6.vox.com/6a00c2252585da549d00cdf3ac44c6cb8f-320pi

I like Noah too... DH gave me his typical blank stare when I suggested it last night.

Calvin actually is the only one he said anything about. He didn't mind it too much but said his dad wouldn't like it...but wouldn't tell me why :grr:

He quickly lost interest in talking about the rest of the names so I still have yet to propose many of your fabulous names still. I will let you know how those go...hopefully sometime this weekend.

Hey so I found this website that I can insert all my rules into the search engine and it generates a list of names for me!

https://www.babynamewizard.com/namipedia/advanced-name-finder

Of course the list is huge and still doesn't help... :rofl:

I just had a play but you have to exclude loads 'till it brings anything up.

Alfie is quite a nice vintage name....

Alfie sounds like it's a bit popular at the moment? It doesnt seem as popular in Aus though I do know of a few but seems like it's in HEAPS of lists on here?

I do have some "progress" to report though.

While both DH and I were logged into MSN separately last night on our own computers he started messaging me about his preferences. If he is isn't willing to talk out loud but willing to talk electronically about names, let's do it!

I sent him a link to the name thread I set up so he could read through it. He didn't knock any of the names so they are all possibilities too.

And he did like the name Leo and doesn't have a problem using it regardless of my coworker. I am still on the fence about it. It is such a small town and although I am not friends with the guy out side of work, I know people are going to raise an eyebrow if I do name our kid the same. Especially with a name like Leo where there are very very few people named that here.

He suggested Jake/Jacob/Jabez (last one as a joke - I think). I didn't like how they rhymed with our last name Jenkins.

But hey overall the conversation has started, which is all I ask. We have lots of time to develop a list. Leo is on the list.

:) :rofl: A bit ironic to say the least. Grandpa was Leopold as a child but didn't like the name and changed it when he moved to Canada.

Oh, one other name I liked and didn't see on here is Gideon. Dunno if that's your style, but Gideon Jenkins sounds great to me!

I just had a play but you have to exclude loads 'till it brings anything up.

Alfie is quite a nice vintage name....

I like Alfie...but I would since my dog is called it. :laugh2:

I don't know if this name was mentioned but I had liked it for a wee boy...Rhys (pronounced Rees) Jenkins.

I had mentioned I liked it to DH, who then kept saying it to his parents then his sister told one of her pg friends that we liked it and she ended up naming her baby it...well she named him Reece. I don't think they realised the name I liked isn't pronounced with the "c".

For some reason when I hear your surname it makes me think of the name Riley xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"